Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Schafers on the Knoll

We've moved!  Feel free to message me on Facebook if you need the new address for anything (user name AnRene ;)  Also in all the craziness I've mostly been posting on Instagram @sohappytogetherrr

Things have been understandably crazy around here as we finished up our Classical Conversations school year and set up house at our new address.  We were not actually looking to move for another few years but the market got hot in Indy and we found a house we loved.  The two combined for an early move and our house sold after being on the market only two days. Hoooray for not showing the house longer than that with a baby and the kiddos trying to make the house un-showable :)

Here's what we've been doing...

The girls came over for mothers day!  So fun having family in the house to make it feel more homey. We missed Annie, Alesa and Jenny :(

The previous owners did a great job painting all the walls in main areas a cream color with white trim before putting it on the market which I'm so happy I don't have to do.  But...the bathrooms... 90s paper in three of them.  We are slowly working on these as time permits.  Should be fun before and after photos though. :)
 downstairs bath...



I embraced the glam in here and went with a light pink to go with the black tile accents and gold-it looks two shades darker in the is room than I thought it would without natural light from windows but I still like it thankfully.  I'm going to rough plaster the walls by the tub since the walls are already rough under the paper in there.


This is my favorite room in the whole house.  It makes me so happy to be in here.  Furniture from World Market.
This is what the fan and the blades were patterned...It was the only thing that was bringing the sunroom down.
 This is the only picture on my phone of the new one...half installed.  It's a big improvement on the faux marble fan :)
 hosting family!  Makes it feel like a home for sure having cousins running around.
This is what I hope to do with a section of mirrors in our entry way instead of trashing them.  Even though the house isn't old enough to be antique and preserved...I'm trying to be carful with what I rip out and have tried to update what is here.  I don't want to make everything over modern and then have it end up being dated with that look in ten years. :)
 For now, we have a color in map to cover the huge expanse of mirrors that look like a dance studio ;)
 We are painting the cabinets and updating hardware to gold pulls.  The top cabinets will be matching white to the rest of the trim in the house but I'm waiting on a sale at Sherwin Williams since the exact matching paint for cabinets I need is so expensive!  :P

 This room was all about this painting and we worked with different samples trying to accent it.  These were too light and the trim disappeared.  I'm really glad we got samples before painting.
 We settled on Benjamin Moore "Hale Navy" since it kept the trim as the star and I really like it.  It was risky as navy pulls the house back to 90s colors but with the light updated I think it works.
New light-coordinates with the star feature in the wood by the front door.
The artist stopping by to see her work framed and hung :)
The inspiration for the light.  I love the craftsmanship of this star!
A chunk of our reno budget is going to the stair runner so it can be a nice sturdy wool one-it should be worth it as it will hold up and hide the heavy traffic it will see.  The stairs are the first thing you see on entering the front door.  The navy and pink in this runner have got to go as I've used both of these colors in paint already and want them to be fresh and updated and not conservative, frilly and 90s like this runner.  It's sad to replace it though since it's installed so well and it still in decent shape.
This is the master bedroom and I found this wrought iron frame on craigslist for a steal of a deal.  Love craigslist sometimes :D
 Subject shift...life goes on and the these are our Spring soccer league players. :)

 Gi enjoying the family picnic snacks and face paint
 In other Gi news...first dental apt
 And giving dead snakes rides on her trike.



signature1 photo signature1_zps2d44e4ca.jpg

8 comments:

leah said...

oh your home looks so beautiful! love those windows in that sunroom. excited to see more pictures of your progress. :)

sandra said...

Love love hale navy. I wasleaning towards that as my front door color but decided it was a tad to dark for me being my door is shaded by porch. But still love the color!! Looks like a nice house.

Ashton said...

Love watching the progress on the house! You're doing a great job!

Bryce and Erin said...

We are about to paint our kitchen cabinets, and I'm a bit nervous about it. You did it at your old house too, right? What paint do you recommend and do you have any tips? With all of our young kids, I'm afraid the paint will get chipped so easily and then there is the issue of needing to wipe the cabinets often because of a big, messy family. So nice to see your new home. :)

L, Ann and boys said...

I may take some pictures and post a tutorial on the blog for painting cabinets. I don't find it that difficult and use very no fuss methods I would love to share. We've had no issues really with paint chipping or scraping off and that's with the kids climbing the cabinets constantly. The grey color I used is smoked oyster from Valspar and it hides everything. Even drips of coffee from our espresso machine kind of blend in until the cabinets gets a good wipe down.

emilykate said...

So fun to see some house pics, looks like you're making quick progress! Love your choices on everything!

smw said...

Love seeing these!!! Wish you lived near and I'd pop over and take a peek. Maybe even help. :)

Dmasy said...

Your new home looks gorgeous. I am sure that your wings are expanding in all the new space. I will be watching for more photos. Peeling wallpaper is fun for most kids -- when they aren't supposed to. Hope the boys are enjoying the task. I can't wait until we can come to visit your new space and lavish compliments all over the rooms. Love you.