Thursday, January 21, 2016

pilfering paintings...

We did it!  We stole the Mona Lisa painting in under sixty minutes. :D  This was some seriously entertaining fun.  We booked an Escape Room adventure last minute and while it's set up for ten people...Luke and I figured we would be slightly better off working just the two of us (even if we didn't get out) both being slightly controlling, or dominate, or type A or whatever people are calling it these days.  It's hard to review the adventure without spoiling it...we ended up stuck in the first room way too long...but were too stubborn to call in for any clues (you get three free clues if you ask).  We ended up not asking for any clues but the guy watching/listening to us would post nudges on a screen on the wall if he felt like it might help.  Or at one point typed..."don't look for the key right now" because that would waste too much time and we wouldn't find it anyway.  Some of them were just reminders of the clues we had already read...it was like the Nancy Drew game when you call Ned and he repeats himself different ways trying to be helpful. :D ha  It actually helped me because Luke was finding things and reading them aloud and I wasn't going back to read them again since we were pressed for time.  We are totally going to do this again...5 stars :D

We couldn't take any pictures in the room so...limited documenting here... :)
                  




We got it... Busted out of there with 45 seconds left on the clock.  All that time wasted reading everything twice in room one really clicked the last steps for my brain and we wiggled out of a tight spot through the door.  I'm not sure when we'll be paid the million dollars we were promised...I forgot to ask about payment arrangements ;)
signature1 photo signature1_zps2d44e4ca.jpg

10 comments:

Heather Hoerr said...

I've heard about this and really want to try it! Sounds so fun and I love solving puzzles. :)

Kristi said...

WHAT? I have NEVER even heard of this! How fun!

L, Ann and boys said...

Heather...sounds like our next double date is already planned. :D I got on the Facebook page today and am even more proud of busting out after seeing all the group pictures posted with the "not quite" sign because they ran out of time. :D haha Kristi- your invited too, get yourself on down here to Indy. :D haha

sandra said...

Cool!! Sounds like something Nick and I would enjoy too. Never heard of it but how intriguing

leah said...

we just got one of these in FW - i've heard a lot of fun things about it. impressive you got us so fast! nice work :)

smw said...

This sounds like a panic attack in the making to me. I wish I was kidding. 😁

L, Ann and boys said...

smw 😂 Haha, yeah.... I think it's not normal to love it as much as I did. The less time left in the clock the more fun I thought it was ;)

smw said...

Wanna trade personalities? :)

L, Ann and boys said...

haha... ;)

Amber said...

All the boys in my fam did it this summer here in Bloomington. Was a great change in something to do!! I can see your extended fam liking this too - although maybe you guys could split into smaller groups and challenge for the fastest escape 😉