Saturday, October 31, 2015

Renewing vows in front of the kiddies...

I'm so glad we did this low key and on the fly because it felt a bit lime lightish to be coming down the aisle again.  Our kiddos loved it though and Christian especially like the thing in my hair. :)
 As I'm walking down the steps, Laura was pinning this flower to Luke's shirt- and then she took all the pictures.  She is so sweet.


 Gisella was mostly wet and covered in sand and a disaster...not much of a bridesmaid ;)



126New King James Version (NKJV)

A Joyful Return to Zion

A Song of Ascents.


When the Lord brought back the captivity of Zion,
We were like those who dream.
 
Then our mouth was filled with laughter,
And our tongue with singing.
Then they said among the nations,
“The Lord has done great things for them.”


And we are glad.

Bring back our captivity, O Lord,
As the streams in the South.

Those who sow in tears
Shall reap in joy.
 
He who continually goes forth weeping,
Bearing seed for sowing,
Shall doubtless come again with rejoicing,
Bringing his sheaves with him.

a quiet moment... Caleb read the chapter we had read at our wedding: Psalms 126
 This chapter seems like an odd choice for a wedding, but after 13 years of marriage and many more bumps along the way than what may have appeared from the outside...it's been a major encouragement to me.  There have been tears...real ones... and I know that God is still part of this and will continue to sanctify these two broken people until the end.
 The kiddos attention span waned...


 As Caleb re-read our vows verbatim from our wedding day and got to the part about having children...
 We actually don't do the "you may kiss the bride" tradition at our church wedding ceremonies...so this part was a new addition. :D











 And then the planet earth kept turning and we couldn't see our warm little star of a sun anymore but were pretty sure it would reappear in the morning...
signature1 photo signature1_zps2d44e4ca.jpg

21 comments:

smw said...

It looks idyllic, as pictures often do. :) I love the one of you and your boys. Such handsome little dudes. :)

emilykate said...

So cool! I'm interested as to what prompted this...but I'm always one for back stories. :)

Daveana said...

This looks so fun!!! I love the pictures! You look amazing! How fun for all the kids!

Kristi said...

I agree with Emily. :)
Thanks for sharing this with us!

L, Ann and boys said...

I've talked to Luke about whether and when I should share on about the struggles we've had in our marriage. It's one of those things where I don't trust my writing skills enough to convey it correctly (at least not yet-and at the same time I feel like someone should shed some light on the topic so we'll see how I can do that in an honoring way as I grow and mature). Luke's been very open about me sharing that we are seeing a counselor as of the past few months who specializes in addiction. We've done several talks for different church events on the topic as well so it's not like it's a secret, but most people handle the idea of past sin much easier than a lifelong struggle to overcome compulsions so it's hard to write about without feeling isolated. I feel closer to the man I married now than I ever have... so there are really special parts to the whole story we are living. Some of it isn't so special... like the feeling insecure parts. Learning how to love and glorify God is why I'm here on earth though, so I see it as a special opportunity if I'm in the right mindset. Thanks for taking an interest, I really wish I could sit down over tea with you (Emily and Kristi) and anyone that needed/wanted a big long conversation about it. I'm considering taking classes next fall for addiction counseling actually because I'm becoming quite passionate that our generation have answers when they need them.

sarah.flyingkites said...

Oh my word! this is awesome. Thanks for sharing with blog world!

sarah.flyingkites said...

And I just read your comment. Love and support on that! Thanks for sharing.

Heather Hoerr said...

so sweet. love this.

Jenny Gutwein said...

You go girl!!! & you look great!

L, Ann and boys said...

Thanks Heather and Jen :)

L, Ann and boys said...

Thanks Sarah, hugs to you

L, Ann and boys said...

Daveana and Sharlin- always love to see comments from friends :D Thanks for the sweet compliments. :)

leah said...

Aww this is really neat....thanks for sharing!

Ashton said...

This is really beautiful. And even more so knowing you and Luke's hearts and the journey you've been on together. The times when God brings beauty from ashes are the most spectacular. I love you both so much. (*tear*) :)

T and M said...

beautiful pictures....and I know the realities of daily life don't always feel beautiful but thank you for pointing to the Beautiful One. He is such a Great Redeemer!
Sometime in the last year Trent studied Zechariah and we read Zechariah 3 together, and rejoiced and cried over it. The vision in that chapter lays it out so clearly-Satan as the accuser, and the Lord as the giver of clean white robes of righteousness that we could never earn, Jesus as the Branch who covers the sin of his people with his sacrifice...so amazing
Thanks for sharing! mandy

L, Ann and boys said...

Awwww, thanks Mandy. I'm going to definitely look that chapter up

Dmasy said...

Just beautiful...your family and your vow ceremony.

We love all of you.

Jon y Amy said...

Amazing. I love this, it is beautiful and I am blessed by your comment knowing the reason behind it. May God continue to grow your passion and effectiveness in this area.

Natalie Stieglitz said...

This looks so special. Thanks for sharing!

Kristen Hodel said...

Just beautiful. Don't even know how to respond. Thanks for sharing part of your heart & struggles. Life is real & not as pretty as people see on outside. Thanks for the encouragement & pointing in rifht direction. I haven't read your blog in ages and was just thinking of you guys this eve. I will always remember you, Ann, and your sweet friendship towards me so many years ago :)

L, Ann and boys said...

awww, great to hear from you Kristen! :D *hugs*