Monday, April 27, 2015

New York City though the 50mm lens

I took so many more pictures on my phone because it was easier to grab.  But here are my favorite images captured on the bigger camera to kick things off. :) brace yourselves for image dump :D haha

corralled school kids... and other represented generations
 Central Park in bloom
 Bow Bridge decor
 cutie I saw on Bow Bridge...
 a "who wore the black hat best" war...even with the lip color application, I think he beat me... ;)
 Boat House restaurant...one hour wait off season...  we found a little corner elsewhere...
 a label escapes me..."remote boat" I guess...
 uniforms...
city pigeons
 Met fountain
"ooow pretty Met..."
"Wait, not enough lip color for the too cool Met..."
"okay lets do this art museum thing babe...even though you hate this lip color very much (rather the transfer of it to your face)...and mostly avoid museums unless pressed..." ;) ;)
There she is...
Bee Hives in the city...
The subway
early morning sunlight through hotel room window
movie set street..not sure which movie but...it just has to be in one
To grandma's house we went
right before getting run off by a protective neighbor...I just had to go and sit on the step instead of staying on the sidewalk like a legally minded person would...
Long Island beaches-this was a cold day...and windy

Feeding Long Island Spring lambs crackers at a random garden shop
the black sheep wanted the crackers. :) ha
favorite winery
more relaxing than the city-no wonder New Yorkers get little houses out on the forks if they can afford it. :)

10 comments:

Jenny Gutwein said...

Super cool!

Ashton said...

Yay! Love the photos and so glad you guys were able to get away together. I'm a little concerned though about one thing. When we went to see Grandma's house on my senior trip, I don't remember it looking like that…could one of us have gone to the wrong house?! Oh dear.:) Hopefully I just have a bad memory.

L, Ann and boys said...

ha, oh man...that's not good. I got the address from Mary Ann...who got it from Joyce. It was 50 Pearsall Ave. It looked like the one I saw in mom's picture I think...just simple and white. Stopping was a little anticlimactic since the neighbor was leery ... even more so if it was the wrong house! :D ha

L, Ann and boys said...

I just google mapped it and it's the right house right down to the chair sitting on the porch per that address from Mary Ann. So at least we didn't drive to the wrong one. ;) haha Do you remember the address you went to?

Betsy said...

Andria what a magical trip! Funny about getting chased away from the house - good for you to sit on the porch :)

L, Ann and boys said...

thanks Betsy :D I appreciate you thinking it was brave to sit on the step not dumb ;) haha

leah said...

this looks so fun! beautiful images!

and that street looks like the street off of You Got Mail!!

emilykate said...

Looks like a really fun trip!

sarah.flyingkites said...

Love these!!

T and M said...

Sweet photos! what a fun trip ( :
Mandy