Monday, March 2, 2015

Nashville-the city of music

We stayed at a hotel called Loews-I liked it quite a lot
At the Aveda Salon waiting for our massage appointments drinking expensive water. ;)  At breakfast, we ordered bottled water and then the waiter brought the menu stating our drinks cost $5 and $9 respectively.  You better believe we took them with us even though they had no lids and told everyone how much they were over and over.  what in the world?  $9?
 Lunch at "fido" we got there for the lunch rush and waited about an hour in line for food. I guess that's the cool thing to do though in hipster-ville.  with no kids in tow in seemed really reasonable ;)

 This...I'm still dreaming about... perfectly seared potatoes.
Here we all are listening carefully about how to not die...
right before we left mom told us about a friend in high school that was clipped in wrong rock climbing...she died.  It was a really great pre climbing pep talk let me tell you. ;) haha thanks mom.

 Don't look down...just jump off the wall and don't think about it too long.  Or at least don't think about mom's friend that died while your hanging three stories up... :P It was pretty scary
 Come on down Kait! :)
 Annie got quite comfortable with the automatic ropes :D ha  weeeeeeee
Dinner at The Treehouse
 laughed my head off at failed panorama photos here, distorted faces abounded... :D
very very good carrots :)
This sign was in our rooms...as part of the decor :)  Turns out we did have a run in with some live music...
 This picture makes me laugh so hard just remembering (Kaitlin's oh my word glossy face, and mom behind us still waking up and Mia wondering what kind of family she is part of now :)... this memory goes into the never forget it bank.  The younger guy in the hat ran into us at the elevators right when we arrived with our suitcases rolling along behind us on Friday and had had a few drinks.  He wanted us to play a practical joke on his brother because it was his birthday....then a second later said it was his own birthday... all I heard was bla bla bla... I turned into a little mother hen shooing us along to our rooms telling the guy that was not going to happen.  Whew....

but then the next night we were in the lobby sitting area drinking green tea and coffee chatting instead of singing karaoke and the same guy came walking over and gave a very sincere apology for whatever he might have said the night before.  And it turned out that he did have a real brother with him and it was both of their birthdays ten days apart so they had gone on an adventure together per their tradition.  Somehow the idea of waking mom up with a song as a practical joke because it was just her birthday seemed like a really good idea and since they seemed quite sober and proper (and we outnumbered them by quite a lot) I was less mother hennish than friday night about the scheme. :D  Mom about killed us but it was totally worth it.  SO funny.  And it seemed to fit into our Nashville themed adventure really well. :) haha poor mom...
 someone at Aveda asked about our plans..and then after hearing them asked why we drove to Nashville just to workout? haha  It's a good question. :)  I'm so sore.  Pure Barre is no joke.  This was my first class and it was a little crazy in there.
 another lunch together...

 huge drink in a bowl sized cup with no handle! :D

 brûlée grapefruit
Old made good shop...
 finding treasures...
 and pictures in the fitting room...
 A few of us went to the Parthenon replica art museum...
 full scale concrete replica
paintings of civil war injuries inside...kind of made you want to sit down for a minute...
 crazy huge statue of Athena where it would have stood in original Greek temple
 weeeeee....mom's without their kids have so much energy ;) haha
 I kept getting confused and saying that we were going to Louisville instead of Nashville ...well, we ate in Louisville on the way home without that being the plan...so I guess I'm vindicated. :D
 Don't worry...no one noticed that we left our two cars in this 24-hour open store parking lot.  How would they prove we left it there two days...  I mean-snow...we could have been waiting out the snowstorm huddled up in the store or something. ;) ;)
signature1 photo signature1_zps2d44e4ca.jpg

9 comments:

smw said...

Your mom's story of her friend cracked me up. That should have been a perfect back drop to your activities. :)

leah said...

oh my word - love the song surprise for your mom! hehehe. i love funny memories.

& you guys were crazy close to hannah & caleb - they live like right beside that parthenon!

emilykate said...

This looks so fun! You have to time these things right when no one has a baby they can't leave. :) Thinking my sisters and I should start planning!

L, Ann and boys said...

you should Emily, it's totally worth all the effort. So glad we went. And it was odd not having any dependent little wee ones all at the same time. :)

I didn't know they lived that close Leah :) We knew there somewhere. ;)

Ya...she should have waited to tell us until after...to tell us about her friend. :P

sarah.flyingkites said...

I was going to say 'oh my word' just like my sister. That song for your mom..no way!! lol.

Ahhhh, girls trips are the best!

Christen Leigh said...

This looks so fun! :) I love that you had those 2 guys come serenade your Mom. :)

Betsy said...

Looks like a blast and very very memorable for your mom :). I love Fido...everything about it. I've never had to wait though.

L, Ann and boys said...

Betsy-
the wait was worth it in the end. I think there was some other event or concert that weekend so it was way more packed than normal. :) Ha I saw a few matching concert shirts ;)

Daveana said...

This is so fun! I love sister trips! Looks like you girls had a blast! Looks like a lot of awesome food as well!