Saturday, January 10, 2015

Life in pictures...a snow day

It all started with below freezing temps and some snow.  I got out of bed and willed myself to shoo the kids in from outside in the snow (at 7:30a) and into the car for our CC meeting.  In the flurry and rush I did't check e-mail.  I guess I thought we would have called off school the night before if we were going to....anyway, we showed up and there was no one there.  SO, we rerouted and went to the Children's museum...where again...no one was there, despite it being open. :)

BumbleBee all alone in the atrium...
Leonardo!  This is an amazing display.  It will be at the museum for 9 years on loan, so if you get the chance, it's worth seeing.  It's a mummified duck bill, so you can see some skin patterns, ligaments and they x-rayed to see some plants it had eaten in it's stomach when it died.  Very cool and unique in the fossil world.
 mummified ligaments along spine in criss-cross pattern :)

 Dino-sphere, A very sweet employee did a presentation on the injuries one of the dinosaurs has on it's fossil remains.  The boys then acted out what it would be like to move with the injuries themselves. :)
 An actor portraying Wilbur Wright.  This was very fun mostly because the actor had SO much energy.

 Jude demonstrating his version of bird flight :)
 just to show how empty it was...
 sent this one to Luke at work....haha... captioned "the only ones here"
 experiment on bio-plastics and molding

 cornstarch, corn oil and water heated in the microwave then kneaded.

 we rode the merry go round like 5 times since there was no line. :)

 and then out in the snow when we got home.

 With the boys outside playing in the tundra, I finally cleaned out the coat closet.  I really should have taken a before picture...I'm sure you can imagine what it starts to look like after years of no upkeep though.  I'm so not a closet organizer my nature.  It's not that I don't like organized things, I just can't bare watching my work destroyed.
signature1 photo signature1_zps2d44e4ca.jpg

2 comments:

Heather Hoerr said...

fun that you had the museum to yourselves! we ended up there too this week, when we needed to get out of the house, but it was a "warmer" day, so other people were there too :)

L, Ann and boys said...

awww, I kind of missed the other people a little bit. It's kind of part of the discovery areas having little ones running all around. :) Maybe we missed some viruses though...hopefully ;)