Saturday, December 6, 2014

wait...it's December...

This time of year slays me.  It's like...I'm ready for bed by 10:30pm and if you know me very well that's odd and somewhat concerning.  I typically live for the night hours when the whole house goes still.  I'm downing Vitamin C and D like it's an addictive substance because it's pretty much dark 20 hours of the day, our stove fell apart... anyway... lets get right to life in pictures.  Some of the captions may be to lengthy as I lament and/or celebrate the event pictures. ;) 

The bottom drawer was used as a ladder one too many times and we finally had a reason to upgrade to a matching stainless steel one when the whole drawer fell out and was gouging our floor.  Sold the old one on Criagslist...wootwoot.
 Classical conversations wraps up until the new year... :)
 Gi was just getting acclimated to the nursery...
 ran the drumstick dash Thanksgiving morning for the first time.  It was a really fun way to start the day :D 
 Ash posted about this little place called East Coast and in my head I was like "boohoo....I never see them anymore...I'll never go there and try that amazing butter".  But low and behold, the next time we went up to see mom and dad we made this little get away happen. :D :D two smilies for that and the butter was indeed good with citrus in it. 
 we went right before they closed...so it's normally not this dead ;) Ha
dad took the grand-kiddos to a christmas tree farm over thanksgiving weekend.  I let Noah take my phone to get a few pictures after a lecture on being very careful with this big responsibility.
Well...he was sort of careful.  Until he hung up his coat and it fell out of the pocket onto the marble entryway floor at mom and dad's when they got home.  Totally busted the screen to bits.  I replaced it though.  Yes I did, all by my little self.  Luke fixed my phone last time this happened a few years back.  This time, the box with a new screen arrived and Luke wasn't home.  Since I have the patience of a gnat...yes...Luke says that and I admit to it, I started fixing the screen...on the kitchen counter...with the kids awake and running around...and it worked.  It took an hour plus and I had to fend off children that wanted cups of water but...I got it done.  ;)  So-if that isn't an advertisement for being able to do it, nothing is.  I may start a little business replacing screens-or not-I would loose my eye sight trying to see the tiny little screws.  Why am I still typing about this...?
 Adrian turned 10
 The tree is up...the clutter is flying (including beach hats)...the recycle collection bags are overflowing with cardboard (from Amazon deliveries) and paper (always paper)...the nativity isn't up yet...the house has wreaths on the windows...expect two of them which I cannot find.  It's all good-so good
 Christmas cards are done...mostly.  I merged the wrong list (dumb old stupid list...same name as the updated one on the desk top-foot stomp stompy stomp) to the printer so...if you normally get a card and didn't this year, let me know.  Those printer labels are expensive and I was quite determined to use the good ones and keep track of the ones I needed to write by hand. :P  Happy December.  See you in the new year when I emerge.
signature1 photo signature1_zps2d44e4ca.jpg

12 comments:

Rebekah said...

I wish I could send you my phone so you could fix it! I started watching a how to video on You Tube and got completely overwhelmed...I'm not usually intimidated to try fixing things but thie video made it look complicated. Maybe I should give it a try anyway!

Always enjoy your life in pictures :)

L, Ann and boys said...

Rebekah- I would actually do it for you if you send it to my address. It costs $60 (for an iPhone 5, 3 and 4 gen would be cheaper) for the screen unit because it's all the electronic touch screen stuff too not just glass. It was pretty complicated actually looking back on the project. I had seen Luke do it and that gave me some confidence to start. ;) I get a little high out of it when it's all done! :D hahah seriously let me know if you would send it and be able to be without a phone for a few days while it ships back and forth. You can pm on Facebook or something so I can post my address...although, you have it right? for christmas cards?

sarah.flyingkites said...

The whole phone paragraph really cracked me up!!

Ashton said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashton said...

Fun snapshot of life lately. I did want to say, in case anyone tried to look up the restaurant, that it's actually called Parkside Seafood Company and Oyster Bar…I just named my post "East Coast" instead of typing all that out.:)

Also, I'll remember you and your newfound skills if I ever break my iPhone screen (knock on wood).:)

L, Ann and boys said...

Oh funny, I really thought it was called "east coast". Ha

Jenny Gutwein said...

Nice sweater, Bry (woot woot)... and if this comment works, An.. it will be a first :)!!!! `

Jenny Gutwein said...

Oh My.. it worked.. maybe I have been trying from my phone vs. lap-top..

Rebekah said...

Hmmm...$60. Let me think about it but thank you for offering! If I decide to fix this instead of waiting it out for my upgrade I will definitely let you do it :) and yes, I should have your address for cards ;) thanks again!!

L, Ann and boys said...

Rebekah, Ya, it's an expensive part and really only worth it if you just got a new phone. Mine was less than a year old. Our plan is substantially cheaper if we don't upgrade our phones... So I'll have this one for a loooooong time ;) plus, apple doesn't fix 5s glass breaks from what I understand... I don't know why or if that's really true. I read it in Amazon comments so... Not really a form source. I hope you get a fun upgrade soon ;). If not let me know if you need help with the repair, I could answer questions too if you want to try it yourself :)

simplethankfulradical said...

I've heard lots of good things about classical conversations...have you ever done a post on it!? If not, that is my suggestion for your new year!

L, Ann and boys said...

Classiccal conversations update it is then... ;)