Saturday, August 16, 2014

SC Vaca 2014

One of the more calm moments of the 12 hour drive one way :P
 Finally to the beach first day
We had so many little kids, we had lots of life vest requirements for sanity of parents on the beach trips. :)




 Hilton Head isn't really known for it's shell collecting ;) hehe
Cooking for this growing family makes us break into faces like this :D  We all help each other chop etc on nights that we are not specifically assigned to, ;)
 speaking of... mom makes the starters...
 These are not fully assembled...roasted tomatoes missing
 soup soup and more soup for our meal ;)


 We set up a soccer field and most of us played ;)
 It was serious and not so serious at the same time with the kids playing.  We had a very intense penalty kick ;)
 Christian getting some kicking tips ;)
 oh ya!
 morning scenes...
 I brought temporary tattoos for the "kids" but figured we would all go crazy using them. ;)  Fun fun ;)

Adrian catches a lizard that Annie found in the pool :) 

 You may be wondering (or not ;) what the turtle bracelets are all about in some of the pictures.  They are a wearable pool alarm system we invested in for this trip.  With so many young kids and a pool right by the house we spent good money on these things for added peace of mind.  They false alarm about 2-3 times a day from kids licking them or on occasion sitting on them with a wet swim diaper if put on the ankle (we ended up moving them all to the wrist as recommended).  Willem went out to the pool and was playing in the water laying on his belly at the edge of the pool.  It went off alerting me he was at the pool right away.  No adults were out there, and even though I was close by and there were windows all around the pool (and he was along the shallow end)... It takes no time at all for a child to drown. So...bottom line, I would recommend this system even for one legit alarm siren.  And yes...it's a loud loud alarm noise.  Even though it's annoying taking the bracelets on and off with a key and the alarm going off for what seems like no reason...it always went off when they got put in water or got wet, and that's the goal. :)  and as long as the batteries are good, they can be reused for a few years before bracelets need replaced.  I got them on Amazon...I probably could put some sponsored link here but I'll skip that. ;)  Just search "terrapin pool safety turtle" and you should find them with no trouble.
 can you believe he didn't pick my card for "creepy"... I saved "my mind" for the perfect round and he picked "a morgue".  Guess after having cadaver lab I can't blame him. ;)
 On this night, all the adults went out for dinner and we all laughed so hard our heads/faces literally hurt.  I wiped several tears out of my eyes from laughing uncontrollably -crazy fun. :)  Thanks for the recommendation Heather H. ;)
 board walk...
 a who wore it best war... ;) haha
 pre-crabbing huddle!  we had the best participation and enthusiasm ever this year. yesssssss!
 the prize...don't let the size fool you, they are FAST! ;)

 lunch
 Ashton's well placed tattoos ;)
 girl's day out shopping :D  and my Birthday! :)
 Ash made this amazing cake for me.  So sweet of her to put so much effort into it.  It had grated roasted sugar beets in it.  You would never know it; when I tasting the raw batter, I thought it was red raspberries when she asked what I thought was in it. :)  So good and even better after sitting overnight.  And mom made tiramisu too.  Talk about spoiled ;)
Not pictured are all the sick day pictures.  A lot of us dealt with a virus during the trip. :(
signature1 photo signature1_zps2d44e4ca.jpg

6 comments:

emilykate said...

So fun! Did your parents watch all the kids while you guys went out?! That had to have been one crazy house. :)

L, Ann and boys said...

Emily- no, we put them all to bed before leaving and we had a nanny with us for the week so she stayed with them so mom and dad came too. :)

Ashton said...

You took so many good pictures! All I have is a bunch of Poppy and Cetty. :)

L, Ann and boys said...

Ash... I felt like I didn't take any, but when I got home, I had a few. ;)

Mindy said...

Looks like such a fun trip (minus the sickness)!

Jenny Gutwein said...

Livie & Prim staring each other down is very real & a classic :).. Loved this trip!!