Thursday, August 14, 2014

life in pictures...

Things I find waiting for me around the house. :D  I think they are birds...
 The chicks are getting really big :)  We have three more coming to fill up our new coop.  You can be sure I'll post pictures of them. ;) ;)
 The garden continues to grow all over the place. 
 A water mellon! :)
 This kid loves chickens...like, really loves them. :)

 I got some chore boots...I know...I know... because chickens are trendy right now, it's not even cool because it's unique.  It's just plain crazy how much we've fallen into the whole chicken scene.  Anyway... it's super fun regardless of coolness.
speaking of crazy... I'm back on my kick of finding a chocolate yogurt I like.
 There has been some straining...
 some hand mixing...
 This batch tastes like tangy chocolate mousse.  Not a bad flavor to be sure but I think it needs more liquid left in it to be like my fave TJs yogurt.  So the experiments continue. ;)  

 My guess is both chicks are girls...we'll see though, it's hard to tell
 What did he expect wearing that batman robe?
 The dirt in my carrot garden box settled to about 8 inches deep and now we have a bunch of fat short carrots! haha oh my...maybe a little more dirt next year for them to grow in.
 The coop project continues...
 Noah is Luke's side kick and is actually helping instead of just getting in the way these days.  He's also entering 6th grade, I'm kind of in denial about how old he is actually.  For real...I thought he was still in 5th grade until I needed to order his books last week. :/




signature1 photo signature1_zps2d44e4ca.jpg

4 comments:

Sarah said...

hahaha this is so great. some of my faves are the bathrobe, little guy sitting in the coop & chicken boots :) :)

leah said...

you make having chickens look so fun!! :)

J and A said...

Love the pics. My sister has chickens and is spying on your blog to see the coop as it progresses, so thanks for the updates ;)
As for your TJ imitation choc yogurt... when you strained it, did you save the whey and just try to add a little of it back in again to get the right consistency? I know with my opened Fage, the whey will begin to collect on the top; by mixing it back in, it loses the rich thickness a bit that I like, but I figure the boys could use all those extra nutrients :)

L, Ann and boys said...

I did save the whey. I should try adding some back in because after sitting in the fridge it got even thicker. We served it on pancakes like frosting. ;)

We'll keep the coop updates coming :D