Saturday, May 3, 2014

The anti-mini-did you know it even existed? ;)

Well...it existed last year anyway.  This year it was more of a quaint gathering.  The website had a broken link this year and it looks like the web was indeed a crowd draw in years prior...if these numbers are any indication.  I think there were...ten or so of us.  But you must ask yourself why you are there standing by a picnic table with a few water bottles and the rail trail waiting in the distance in the first place.  For me, it was because I was under trained for the mini and didn't want my time posted online (as if anyone cares-I do apparently)...but I didn't want to be a quitter either...I started training (there were those 5 runs I did when it finally got warm this Spring) and I was going to run my race.  So it didn't really matter how many people there were.  My mission was still intact.  Go to sleep race day not a quitter with no evidence of what happens to my legs after mile 8.
 my sweet set up here -I mean...who needs a cool medical tent with all this gear?
 Bambie's mom showed up to cheer me on
 this tree smelled really good ( some spring trees just smell awful-am I right?).
 And while this event didn't have the budget to hand out medals...I got this really great message on my running app ;)  Yes...I scribbled out the time on it...what?...I said I didn't want to post my time! :)  It's a little less impressive of a message since it's my first half on this app. :)  

I can swallow a little pride, I ran 12+ minute miles.  Gasp.  I know.  But I was training at 11 when I ran out of time, so all things considered...not too bad for my level of preparedness.

signature1 photo signature1_zps2d44e4ca.jpg

2 comments:

T and M said...

I think anyone running a mini less than a year after having a babe is to be commended & this inspires me ( : Kudos!

L, Ann and boys said...

thanks! ;)