Friday, January 3, 2014

New years...

The little tree is down and burned (much to the boys delight as it burned quite furiously), and the year rolled into the next with Luke working an overnight shift.  My resolution may seem rather odd as I take quite a lot of pictures already...but I've slipped into using my phone most of the time out of convenience and I miss using my good camera to capture everyday life.  SO.  The resolution is to quit being so lazy about going to get my camera upstairs when I need it. :)  How's that for attainable.  Ya, I'm not much for reaching too far into the sky for the stars.  Haha- And what would this post be without an example?  A NOT good picture of an easy curry dish I'll share...I mean gross...who wants to eat that. haha-sigh- I didn't even take the filter off that tones down bright colors before taking it, poor carrots, they are offended :)


You need:

-vegetables chopped... cauliflower is traditional in curry, I used leeks, the onion family is expected in curry most of the time
-quinoa (I had tri-color in the pantry)
-simmer sauce curry in a jar (I used Trader Joe's Masala red curry, but I've had other brands that are equally good and so great to have on a day when cooking doesn't sound fun)
-salt and pepper to taste

Saute the veggies in a heavy pot or skillet with high enough sides to handle adding sauce.  My quinoa   was cooked so I just added it with the curry, but if it's not cooked add the extra water required on package for cooking it with the sauce and let simmer as long as the quinoa takes to absorb the water.
That's it.  I've eaten it for for lunch three days in a row and am still not sick of it.  Glory be for not having to think about lunch.  This is less than revolutionary, but sometimes easy is good. ;)

Stay warm ;)

3 comments:

Heather Hoerr said...

sounds (and looks :)) good! I love curry but it isn't one of Chad's favorites, so it usually becomes lots of leftover lunches for me too... which I don't mind either. I'll have to try that curry sauce - can't remember if I've gotten it before. I do like TJ's yellow curry sauce I know.

emilykate said...

Looks good to me! I love anything with the word curry. :)

J and A said...

Funny. I was thinking with all this frigidness I was going to make soup, but then opened up the pantry, saw TJ's green curry sauce jar and decided I wanted to do something with it today. Maybe it's a sign ;)