Friday, January 31, 2014

memory lane in pictures...

To add to the vintage charm of these pictures taken in 2002, I did the scanner wrong and the pictures are all cropped weird based on the first scans preview. Anyway...on with the show

these are the random pictures that stood out to me now after 12 years:


Awwww...poor roses on the hottest day of the year in July... :)  I loved Gigi then and I love her even more now for her empathetic & caring nature...toward everything (even wilting flowers)
 I just like this one...I had mono while we were engaged and so it seems fitting my eyes are closed
 My aunt Joyce says she has a crush on Luke...but don't worry, her husband, Joe, knows about it. haha
 So, a blog I read did a challenge of posting a picture with no makeup on not long ago...I never got around to doing it...but here you go:  I didn't wear any on my wedding day of all things (well, lip gloss I think and some natural colored eye shadow).  Eye liner wouldn't have been a bad idea, but...I don't think I knew how to put it on right at this point, so it's probably for the best.  Plus, makeup would have melted off this particular day of nearly 100 degrees :)
 This is supposed to be the best man making the groom jealous kiss...but Luke's totally not paying any attention-haha :) 
 my mom would like to stage a picture since she won't be in any of them since she's the photographer...I look... thrilled. ;)
 my dad and Kurt avoiding the heat as long as humanly possible during the photo shoot :)
 My beautiful beautiful bridesmaids...no one can say I picked them to make me look better, that's for sure. :)

8 comments:

emilykate said...

So fun to see these! And I have to say, I think your dress has held up style-wise way better than most people who were married around your time. :)

Daveana said...

So fun! Love your dress a lot too! Agree with Em on the style!

L, Ann and boys said...

Jenny will have to take a bow on the dress. It's a Vera Wang we snagged on ebay and then had fitted down to my size :) I think I remember her saying something like "You're too young to get a princess dress, no one will take you seriously." haha She doesn't mince words :) ha I love her for it though

Elaina B said...

You look so beautiful without the makeup! Hated missing your big day,
but had another wedding in immediate
family :(

Shana said...

I loved looking at these :) Everyone looks just the way I remember back in school. Too cute.

L, Ann and boys said...

Oh Elaina, you would have been a great addition, but there are so many weddings that come up in the summer months. I totally understand :)

Shana, takes me back too :)

J and A said...

Fun looking at the pictures. Thanks for sharing :)

Rebekah said...

These were so fun. and I agree with Emily...your dress is lovely. You guys actually don't look like you've even aged that much...lucky ducks.