Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Willem's little sweater

Sometimes, when browsing ravelry.com (my first mistake) I see a pattern and totally fall for it.  That's what happened with this little bell sleeved kimono style sweater for little Will.  The yarn is a super soft bamboo silk mix and the buttons are coconut shell.  Gisella's all silk yarn sweater smells kind of funky when she drools on it…so I'm going with the mostly bamboo yarns these days.  Every time he saw me work on it, he would lean against my leg and say several times as I nodded my head in agreement "That's my sweater mom, not Gisella's; you're making my sweater." :) haha…hard to be the de-throned baby boy. ;) 

I can't wait for him to see it done on Christmas day.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

seriously adorable!!

emilykate said...

Oh so cute!

smw said...

so precious.

Aubrey said...

So cute!!

J and A said...

Cute. Love the sweater too. :)
So I know it's totally last minute, and might not work out at all, but we will be in Indy next week after Christmas for a few days. If you are switching out your kombucha, could I possibly have your old mother if you were just going to toss it out? I know it's less then a week, and I'm probably catching you within batches, but figured it was worth a try :)

L, Ann and boys said...

Amber,

No trouble at all timing wise-we are planning to see Luke's grandparents after Christmas morning, but I'll double bag a starter and put it inside the storm door for you if you get the chance to swing by and grab it. if that doesn't work, I can mail it.