Tuesday, April 16, 2013

click-clack...repeat

So I've heard myself say enough times "Oh, that's just crochet...I can't knit" when presenting a hat to someone as a gift...that it became a mounting personal challenge.  Last night I watched a youtube video to get my feet wet that drove poor Luke darling sitting across the way a bit nuts "over, under, over, under....over, under..."  I think he said something like "that looks terrible."  But despite the sluggish start and my doubts at 11pm, I picked up my needles this morning and got right to it.  I like it every bit as much as crochet, mostly for it's neat and tidy look...but I'm not good enough at it for it to be flexible to my whims which bugs me.  I'm starting with a sleep sack for the new baby..because it's a giant tube-easy. ;)  If I'm required to get more fancy than that...I'll have to break out the youtube tutorials again...maybe next time Luke works late. ;)

  This is knitting on the round with joined needles (there's a clear cord attaching them that holds all the stiches-it seemed the most like crochet which was comforting).  Pictured is the most basic knitting stitch American style (which I learned via tutorial means the yarn is held in the right hand not left-which I think I prefer...I mean...I've never tried anything else so...how should I know).

3 comments:

megs @ whadusay said...

This makes me want to pick up my knitting needles that are once again collecting dust and give it another go. Good luck. Looks great so far!

L, Ann and boys said...

Thanks Megan. :)

Sarah said...

*sigh* this makes me think of my Grandma....

Great ambition and results!