Saturday, February 9, 2013

The odds...

Are 50/50 for having another boy...
But while talking to Jenny on the phone this afternoon, I looked up the odds of a string of six 50/50 same results popping up and that is a different math equation.

1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2*1/2=0.15625 or 1.5625%

We beat the 3% chance odds of having Willem Ellis as our fifth.  So I'm not getting to cozy with the idea of a girl by 98% consecutive odds. ;)  Supposedly the 50/50 shows up more clearly the greater the number...so if we had 1000 kids...it would get a lot closer to even around here. ;)

We could find out in two weeks...but we may go for the big bang surprise...if I can hold out when the tech asks if I want to know.  I'm pretty sure Luke's motivation for waiting is holding my spending at bay if it's a girl. ;)

7 comments:

Dmasy said...

We'll pray for the 100% healthy...till you tell us which 50% TO PRAY FOR!

smw said...

:) there sure are abundant things to spend money on for girls. :)

L, Ann and boys said...

Haha...though God already picked the gender a few months back...so I won't argue now. ;) Either 50% is a pretty good deal too so I'll be a happy girl. :)

emilykate said...

Seriously can't picture you with a girl! Same with Sara...but at this point she claims she'd rather have another boy. Preference?

L, Ann and boys said...

I seriously don't know myself anymore. I totally understand what Sarah is saying...sometimes I picture another little boy and that seems right and comfortable. A girl would be a lot of things for me to figure out...and I would have to share my "girl" standing in the house with another. ;)

Ashton said...

As I have said before...I think waiting to find out is a horrible idea! Simply ridiculous.:)

Mindy said...

After having 2 boys and then a girl...I'm hoping you have a boy. ;) This girl drama is ridiculous!! Boys are so much easier!!!

I'm just kidding (kind of) - no matter what another baby is a blessing! And I agree with Ashton - waiting to find out is NOT a good idea. ;)