Tuesday, February 26, 2013

The baby gender reveal party

Gigi's cupcakes were quite delightful and a very fun company to work with. :)  I've never really been a connoisseur of cupcakes though, so I'm not that good of a judge.
Olivia and the twins arrived...kind of made me want a girl...but still thinking boy in my mind

 Ash and the Pops arrive as well, pounding on the piano :)
 Little Ellers...my camera was being dumb and not focusing on demand.  So there is a lack of pictures of all present.  Sam and Kait swung in on their lunch break and my mom drove down too. :)
 Some Polaroid-esk instant pictures with guesses on the gender. :) Lipstick or stashes...


And....just to be annoying...scroll down for the cupcake filling reveal....






























Yep...keep going....

























 Is he happy or crying!? :)  He says he wanted a boy...but mama knows he'll be a rock star big bro for a little sister.
 Yes, I made these stellar felt props myself instead of buying them on Etsy (though in the end, buying them would have been cheaper :).  I even purchased a hot glue gun.  Feeling the estrogen flow more already with it in my arsenal of craft supplies.
So cute, the cupcake place re-taped the gender envelope like five times before giving it back. :)
 Am I happy...?  Oh yes.  Shocked.  But very happy.  And Christian wanted a sister so he's happy happy too. :)
Poppy is shocked ;)  
 And cute with huge felt lips. ;)
And I must add this image...makes all the hot glueing worth it. ;)  Ash stayed for the afternoon and we pondered pink things.  Then Bryan joined us for dinner.  So while his cupcake held no surprise, he did enjoy it...so much that he threw in a little extra jolly humor when he said "mine has blue in the middle".  What a stinker.  I almost believed him for like .25 seconds.

Bryan...you really should consider one of these.  :D

24 comments:

Kelli's Blog said...

How exciting! So happy for your family :) Baby girl will be well protected by her 5 older big brothers.

Julie B. said...

I'm shocked, too, but uber excited for you!! What a fun way to find out :)

leah said...

This is the cutest post ever! So excited for you! :-)

Aubrey said...

Again - congrats! A girl will be so fun for you! Mark would tell Luke to watch the bank account. ;)

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness..I'm SHOCKED and SO happy for you guys!!

Thanks for letting us in on this :)

Mindy said...

Such a fun way to find out! Love everyone's shocked expressions!! Congrats again!!

Sandra said...

I am shocked, but OH SO EXCITED for you!! After a few less boys than you, to get a girl was just A.MAZING and you will love dressing her, and just starring at her in disbelief:)....I do anyways. Its almost a shock over and over again when I change my little girls diaper and sometimes I just SMILE:). CONGRATS on a BABY GIRL!!!!

emilykate said...

Wow! I definitely figured boy...congrats! Oh and Dev's comment: the baker could really mess with someone. :)

L, Ann and boys said...

ya Emily...Luke was like "we need a follow up ultrasound on that...;) We did double check the picture in the envelope from the tech too for a little bit of reassurance from shock. And we have one extra cupcake left...I was like...that one's probably blue with a little "gotcha note" inside. ;)

and Sandra-haha...whenever a change my nieces I'm paranoid I'll give them a UTI or something. Hopefully I'll relax and enjoy it like you. :)

Sara Huber said...

This is so adorable I am almost regretting our decision to not find out this time! What fun to share the exciting news with everyone you love...congrats!! You will be an amazing mama to a little girl. :)

Shana said...

SOOOO exciting :) and so happy for you. That little girl will have plenty of protectors. How fun!

smw said...

so fun and awesome!!

J and A said...

Have been waiting all day to see this post and am so shocked! Not that I believe my three year old, but he kept telling me you were having a boy, and well, it just seemed natural ;) I bet now with half your pregnancy left though, Luke is wishing he had maybe made you wait til after the baby was born, but maybe you can be more thrifty with the extra time! :)

L, Ann and boys said...

maybe Amber...but...Ash and I are going to H&M tomorrow to celebrate with some ruffles. I think I's set a spending budget or bring cash...but I've waited ten years to buy a little white dress and a few pairs of leggings. ;) The idea of having more time is a good one though...I've got time to think through my purchases and return impulse buys before the new baby is born. I'm a hopeless buyer then returner. :)

Megan said...

Oh yay! A great big hug from way down in Texas. We are so happy for you. xoxo

L, Ann and boys said...

Hey Megan! Hope you guys are well. :)

Joy said...

How amazing!! Super excited for you all!

Betsy said...

Totally and completely excited for you Ann & Luke! Love the cupcake idea too...hopefully this will convince my sister to cave and find out! ;0)

L, Ann and boys said...

Betsy-heheee....my sisters were a big part of finding out because they were so excited to find out early it was cute. I mean...I wanted to know, but the fact that they couldn't wait either seemed like a compliment to me (that they cared :).

L, Ann and boys said...

And thanks Sarah H. I'm glad things go gradually so I can figure it out as we go along. :) This will all be very new for this mama

Sandra said...

Didn't know how else to do this...could I have Jen's email please?
Thanks!

L, Ann and boys said...

jennygutwein at yahoo dot com

:)

Sandra said...

thanks!!

Andrea said...

shocker!!! congratulations!:) i love your cupcake idea, so much fun!