Monday, February 4, 2013

five friday

prompt: afraid

time: 9:22a

I am not afraid.  Of much.  I like to think.  I also like to think that I have a healthy fear of meeting my maker and having my whole life laid out before me with His complete knowing.  Most of me is not afraid of that moment.  I have full confidence in the fact that I am forgiven and loved...but there is still a bit of "afraid" there from time to time when I think of all the blessings I've been given.  what was I, specifically, supposed to do with them?  In the parable of the talents it's made pretty clear that we have our own lot, our own story and our own responsibility to take care of.  Sometimes it's the not even knowing what to "invest" that makes me nervous.  So many of the things I do bring me joy I get scared that I'm doing them for myself and not the kingdom.  but then, I take a deep breath and know that when I am most filled with happiness...a pure happiness from good things...that this in it's self brings glory to God and that is our highest calling.  God doesn't "need" us to get His work done...He takes joy in process of helping us grow.

time: 9:28p

That no editing rule kills me. ;)

No comments: