Thursday, January 17, 2013

The next bookmark-tostadas...

Okay...rah rah...on a roll here with two nights behind me not wondering what I will be making for dinner as a stare into an open fridge.  These veggie tostadas are super easy and reminded me of Qdoba...which is a good thing as I've been wanting to splurge on it for lunch every time I pass by one of their locations. ;)

I added a bit of left over turkey from last night...so they were no longer "veggie".  I also grabbed pre-made guacamole and fresh salsa.  The salsa, I will admit, would have been better made the night of...but good tomatoes are hard to come by these days mid-winter and it made this meal easy breezy.

My main take away was learning how to make the soupy style yummy beans.  I'll be logging that technique in the corner of my brain for future meals on the fly (basically garlic and oil heated, add broth and then rinsed/drained beans).
 Sorta over toasted the shells but Noah, surprisingly, had no comments on this tonight.  He said the meal was "the best".  So apparently tostadas are a kid friendly even with all the lettuce. ;)
 See? ;)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Thanks for the recommendation! Looks yummy! We LOVE Q'doba...a lot, so if it tastes like that then I will be trying it!

L, Ann and boys said...

ya, this could definitely be put in a soft warmed up tortilla too like Qdoba I would think. Maybe add lime rice to be even more like theirs.