Thursday, January 31, 2013

flush-able wipe junkie :)



I've diapered 5 kiddos now with mostly cloth (lots of throw aways in there too-don't picture me shouting this from the top of a box with soap on it) and I have for the very first time started using flush-able wipes for dirty diapers (I still use normal or cloth ones for wet diapers-they're cheaper).  WHY DID THIS TAKE ME SO LONG TO FIGURE OUT?  I don't feel too dumb...I've never read this tip on any other forum, diaper site or blog post about diapers.  It's not all that hard to put traditional wipes in a bag and toss them, but flush-able is like a stroll in the park compared to that.  So, with my Italian hand bidet to handle the dirty work and flush-able wipes...I'm using a lot less plastic grocery bags (which means I don't have to round them up and keep them within reach) and I'm really living the high life over here. ;) ;)

And if you are cringing at the very thought of all this...moms unite!  :) If you've got a little darling...I'm going to assume you deal with the same sorts of "things" I do no matter what we have our kiddos strapped into.  Gotta get those little bums clean somehow and we all find the way we can cope with best.  For me it's looking like that's all things "flush-able" :D





4 comments:

J and A said...

flushable wipes, eh? You mean like the toddler ones, or do the big name/generics actually have their own? Kudos to you for thinking it... I was just proud of myself for going to the "women's" aisle and saving a dollar or more by getting those flushable wipes vs the toddler ones for Liam and his bathroom excursions.

L, Ann and boys said...

ya, I just get the cheapest ones in the pharmacy/women's stuff isle at the store. No fragrance is preferred but if the nice smelling ones are on sale...well-I get those and hope it doesn't clash with the baby lotion. ;)

Sandra said...

Im assuming these are the same things...but flushable wipes are what I use when teaching my kiddos how to wipe:). I keep a bin on the back of the toilets and then they use those to wipe themselves and it makes it easier to get the "poo" off and then they can just throw in toilet. They have had them around awhile as I started using them 6 years ago with Caden. They are great!!!

L, Ann and boys said...

Yes, love them for potty training too. :)