Friday, January 18, 2013

Calcium, tea tree oil and coconut...

So, the other thing the obstetrician and I hashed out besides running was the probable lack of calcium deposits in my bones...as she peered at my chart and saw I've been either nursing or pregnant for the last ten years respectively.  Thought I would pass this along to anyone else who is expecting a baby or nursing...or has ever been pregnant multiple times before because it was news to me and I was glad someone took the time to give me the heads up.

Of course I knew I needed calcium.  But she dropped the bomb that I needed as much as a 60 year old facing osteoporosis.  Great.
And since I don't love drinking milk strait up-my solution to getting 1500mg a day without having to keep track of almond milk servings is two teaspoons of this which gets me really close.  If I've already enjoyed a yogurt or two, I just take down one tsp (not rocket science right? ;).  A little chalky on the pallet, but not bad tasting at all.  I love the little calcium gummy bears too, but priced out, it would have been a bit more costly to eat 10 of them a day. ;)


Another thing I love right now is zinco.  I'm not even sure of all the benefits of young coconut water...but I crave this stuff, especially after exercise, so I just trust my gut that it's good for me and the wee one.  Plus it tastes amazing with the chocolate added.


And either my hormones are chilling out or these work really well at killing blemish causing bacteria.  I ran out and kind of had issues again until I bought more, so I think these are pretty powerful (and cheap :).  I'm sure tea tree oil diluted in another face worthy oil would work too, but these are very convenient.  I use them after washing my face and am always surprised that they still pick up make up and dirt.

6 comments:

T and M said...

Ok, I hardly know you, but have to say that your blog has some of the best tips on my blog reader ( : I'm preggo & have been trying to figure out how to get my Calcium since I don't do dairy. thanks! Mandy

L, Ann and boys said...

Well that makes the whole post worth while. Thanks for the shout out Mandy. :)

J and A said...

Where did you get that liquid calcium? I love drinking milk, but my OB scolded me with pretty much the same thing (and I've only been prego/nursing for 4yrs...) Right now I'm taking those big honker vitamin tabs, but I feel like I'm downing so many pills, a tsp or two of a liquid might be nice.

L, Ann and boys said...

I ordered it off of Amazon...I'm sure they sell it at health food stores too but I've never looked. :)

Natalie said...

I picked up the facial cleansing pad at TJ's the other day and I really like them! Thanks for sharing.

L, Ann and boys said...

Natalie-

Yay! :) I think it's great that I can pick up some of my bathroom stuff at TJ's...but no risk of overdoing it since they only have a limited number of things. ;)

I didn't mention that they smell a bit strong...but I'm sure you can handle it. ;) I kind of like it as apposed to over fruity fake smells actually.