Monday, December 31, 2012

News...

Willem donned this onsie for both my and Luke's family Christmas bashes...and we sat back and watched to see if anyone would notice.  First prize goes to Alesa who saw it within about 5 min and figured out the expiration date with ease.
"I'm the baby of the family" expires 7/2013 (July 15th supposedly)...and no, we are not selling Willem to the gypsies. ;)  I could probably fill a post about whether it was "planned" or not...but I'll just say we are very happy....and that includes whether it's a boy or girl. ;)

per the request, I'll give a little blurb on the "planned" or not:

I wanted to leave things wide open on our trip to Italy for having another kiddo or not (meaning we wouldn't use VCF contraceptive while we were away...which only sort of works anyway-30% fail rate in our case respectively ;).  I thought it sounded fun and would be an exciting way to see if we should have one more-or not if nothing came of it.  Luke said it would ruin the trip for him and be distracting.  So I totally dropped that idea.  In his mind, it was only a matter of time before we were looking forward to another bundle of joy using the stuff 100% of the time anyway, so why stop?  And he was right...this little person hit the scene several weeks after we got home.  I attribute it to extra sleep from the trip, lots of raw fish, good wine and fresh air from the sea. ;)  So...did we mark our calendar and say "now"...no.  But we are always ready to welcome a little life around here if God wants our big family to be a little bigger.  For my and Luke's parent's sake...I'm not sure it will get too much bigger though.  I think they've begun to petition the heavens on our behalf. ;)  I don't think it's wise to make promises I can't keep though. :)  The end.  

22 comments:

Shana said...

AWW So exciting :) and very cute idea! Congrats!!

L, Ann and boys said...

thanks Shana. :)

Sarah said...

Wow! How exciting!!! Love that little shirt - too cute!

emilykate said...

Such a cute way to announce! Congrats! And now you've peaked my curiosity on all your thoughts about it being 'planned' or not. :)

Sandra said...

well congrats to you guys!! How exciting. I do understand that you will be excited weather a boy or a girl!! I totally get that. When you already have 3 of the same sex adding another of that same sex really doesn't matter to much:), so I can only imagine having 5 of the same sex is even more of a sign that its fine if you make that 6 of the same sex:).
I will admit that even though Id have been perfectly fine with yet another boy, a girl was a welcomed surprise. I loved that I didn't find out what we were having and then viola.....a girl:). CONGRATS AGAIN!!! Please tell us if it was planned or not:)....like emily, you have peaked my interest!!

megs @ whadusay said...

Congrats! Love the way you shared!

Aubrey said...

Congrats, Ann! You are Wonder Woman in my book!

Kelli's Blog said...

Congrats again! It was so nice to visit with you at church yesterday. How fun to be prego the same time as Ashton and Kaitlin :)

Mindy said...

So excited for you guys!!!! LOVE Willem's shirt...so clever!!

Rebekah said...

congratulations!!! I keep warning my sisters that I love this baby stage too much and it could tip me over into thinking I can handle another! haha!! I'm sure our parents would be feeling very similar to yours if I had a similar announcement right now! :) So happy for you! Hope it's a good pregnancy!

Dmasy said...

Congratulations. You are a wonderful mother -- just the kind of woman who should bring children into this uncertain world. Love you. Let us know if you need anything.

L, Ann and boys said...

Thanks Mary Ann. I need to call you about extra furniture you may have later. Luke and I are looking at a house with more rooms. :)

bri said...

congratulations!!

smw said...

this is just adorable all around. congrats!

Erika said...

Congrats~ wish I was more creative in announcing pregnancy news! Loved W's shirt!! Totally laughing at your comments at the end of your post :)

Ashton said...

Yay! Very excited to be pregnant at the same time again and to meet another one of your beautiful little babies.:)

Love,
Ash

Rachel said...

I LOVE your announcement idea! And congrats :) Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl, either!

dan and tess said...

Praise God! So excited for you guys! (Not sure if you remember me from long ago homeschool days...but I love reading your blog and finding inspiration on motherhood and being a wife!)

L, Ann and boys said...

Hey Tess! :) Thanks for the comment. :) Hope all is well for you.

Rachel-thanks for your comment as well. So fun to read them. :)

L, Ann and boys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L, Ann and boys said...

Thanks Erika. :)

Alesa said...

Hey An, I agree with everything Mary Ann said! You guys are such wonderful parents... love you!