Thursday, November 29, 2012

Raw fudge

This is my second attempt at making raw chocolate.  I can say with confidence that the end result depends mostly on the quality of the cacao or cocoa (duh right...well, it took me a while to figure out okay? :).  The first go around, I got some whole raw "nibs" and ground them in a food processor.  A lot more work, the powder wasn't as fine and the flavor was- meh.  I don't know if it was all that fresh either.  Compared to this cacao in the gold foil bag, it wasn't worth my time.  But if you can lay your hands on the following list of ingredients and make sure they are good quality...you will have some fudge worth crying over. ;)  Even if you leave out the pecans, it's grand-not low fat- but grand and healthy as far as whole food goes.  

Oh and-disclaimer...my not so expensive blender sort of started smelling like an electrical fire when I blended this stuff up.  It's pretty thick.  I finished mixing it by hand at the very end while spreading it in the dish before refrigerating.  It would be hard to mix by hand from the beginning though with the cacao powder puffing everywhere.



3 comments:

smw said...

this sounds amazing!!!

Sandra said...

yummm, I want some:).

emilykate said...

I'm never a huge fan of the typical homemade fudge recipes...so this may be worth trying!