Thursday, August 30, 2012

New HomeSchool Year...

That never really ended.  We ended up doing year round school this summer-not because I'm overly zealous.  Quite the opposite actually, we got behind in a few of the work books and just kept plugging away.  I told Adrian he had to finish is math book before the new one came in the mail...that was the only requirement.  And just like his mama would have done, he finished the day before it arrived. ;)  We opened the official new year with a trip to the zoo.  Here are a few random school things I've loved so far.

I'm totally geeking out over this rock fossil.  Adrian found it out in the creek bed.  You see it right...?  It's Honey comb! =)  SOOOOO cool.
Next up is a Dr Suess tree for science!  Well, it's cocoa tree seedling we sprouted but...it sure looks like the Lorax tree start doesn't it?  I ordered a cocoa fruit from S America to get the seeds and think it has been totally worth the effort so far.  Here's a quote for fun. =)
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
Dr. Seuss
 This is the first thing I saw this morning when I woke up propped against my alarm clock.  I think it's from church last night.  Where ever it came from...it made me smile (see that sneaky blade coming to the right...?  I hope Cole Ninja has cat like reflexes ;).  
In other art news...Adrian made this.  I told him it was pretty neato and he shrugged saying with cool indifference "oh that, I just made it from trash."

Pretty much our whole official curriculum right here.  I got a whole box of Sunlight books from a friend as well-YAY.  Goal is to get Adrian engrossed in Magic Tree house books this year. =)
 I want to get two rabbits...but Luke says no so far.  I'll keep you posted on that. ;)

10 comments:

smw said...

that fossil is awesome!
the drawing is great and funny.
and i love the suess quote. so good.

Ashton said...

I LOVE that ninja. Which one of the boys drew it? I think it should be framed and hung somewhere important.:)

Ah, this gets me excited for the school years to come.

Love you guys!
Ash

Sarah said...

I can tell your kiddos got your creative streak - how fun!!

L, Ann and boys said...

Noah was the one holding the sharpie Ash ;) I could ask him to make another for Poppy's room. ;) Do you want a ballerina holding num-chucks?

L, Ann and boys said...

:) to the other two comments :)

Ashton said...

Yes, please! As long as she's dressed all in black with a little white mask.:) And she needs an awesome shadow like ninja Cole, too.

L, Ann and boys said...

To be delivered with the other part of Poppy's birthday gift. ;) He's working on it right now. Says he's not that very good at tu-tu skirts, but I think it looks pretty fab. ;)

AnRene`

leah said...

Haha. This post made me smile.:) love that ninja.

Eric & Marissa Bahler said...

Hilarious! We have two bunnies right now... We're moving to Gateway and totally need to get rid of them. Their current names are Tada! and Georgio 2.0 versions... 1.0 version escaped to the enchanted forest after a little boy left the cage open. Let me know if this sways Luke in your favor and you could be happy new owners of some white and black spotted fur :)

L, Ann and boys said...

Marissa-
I wish that would help...but I was craigs listing free ones to begin with and he is not having it. Sigh...he has all to vivid memories of the smell from our precious guinea pigs I think. ;)