Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I broke my iphone glass...

Long story short, I dropped it two feet above our wood floor and it hit the corner "just right" to shatter.  It was just out of my armband, so it wasn't in the jelly case it normally is. :(  My abuse of any kind of phone continues.  I've been using it like normal...looking through the shards...

Until tomorrow that is...when Luke opens this box and attempts the $33 fix from "Injured Gadgets".  I ordered the glass AND touch screen fused together.  Don't order just glass.  They don't come apart like the old iphones did from what I've read.  The fix should take an hour of painstaking removal of many many tiny screws which must be kept in order as they vary in size.  Sounds fun right?  Luke loves it when I find projects like this for him to conquer-even if he won't admit it. ;)

So, update on whether this worked or not posted soon. =)

1 comment:

emilykate said...

Devin LOVES doing stuff like this...he replaced the vibrator in his iPhone a few months ago. Good luck!