Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Easy homeschool day for science at least...


I saw it!  The failed attempt: I looked right into the sun at around 6:45pm thinking it was worth the UV damage since Venus wouldn't be visible again in my lifetime.   I saw splochies for the next twenty minutes for my failed efforts.  Way too bright.  But then, driving home from VBS at around 8:45pm the boys and I were yelling out the window into the sunset "I see it, I see it-at 2 'O clock, right there!"  Then Noah yelled "Look at it, just like a little pimple!"  That's when I knew he was really looking at the right thing. ;)

How Paris took a picture-it's not a video, not sure why there's a play button there
How NASA took a picture
 Why I saw it only at sunset...didn't find this until this morning or I would have known better.
 early transit
 Humanity getting into the event
 Right before transit...probably about the time I was straining my eyes trying to see it.


5 comments:

Sandra said...

and because I have no clue whats going on in this world today...I missed the entire thing and just read about it today online then saw your post.....guess I missed it in my lifetime:(.

Ashton said...

Yeah, I'm with you Sandra. But hey, considering that it was just a little "pimple" I don't think we missed out on too much.:)

L, Ann and boys said...

I heard it on the radio the day of or I would totally have had no clue.

Ashton said...

And you didn't call and let us in on the secret? Come on. What kind of a sister is that?:)

L, Ann and boys said...

Are you tellin' me you wouldn't have thought I was dorky if I called randomly and was like "Look to the sky Ashton... it's venus crossing the sun!" ;) I tried to get some people at VBS into it...there wasn't much interest. Maybe because I was still seeing splotches at that point. I was totally pumped about the whole thing though regardless...not gonna lie.