Thursday, April 5, 2012

Just perfect...

Things went really well for the first 3 hours of eating my 7 simple foods.  =)  Morning one I had to grab a Cliff bar for church because I hadn't planned ahead for lunch...
The last two nights clinched my doom though-night before last I was really wanting to eat some leftover stir fried veggies...come on...it was vegetables and if I was craving broccoli I probably needed it-or so I reasoned.  And then I got grumpy about it, which I said I wasn't going to tolerate for the sake of control.  then last night we had guests over for dinner.  I decided it wasn't worth it-the thought of me eating a spinach omelet while everyone else enjoyed lasagna seemed a bit over the top.

I'm pretty good at doing things that I want to.  Pretty hopeless on things I don't.

That may seem really pathetic, but God has been very gracious to me in this state of self interest.  If I know something is right and I have no desire to follow through, I ask for God given passion and desire for whatever it is I'm struggling with.  Believing that God wants what is best for me and what will make me truly happy is a huge deal.  And finding that it may be the smaller something instead of the bigger something is a big deal too.  And before I run off on the rabbit trail...

As you may have guessed, I didn't have the conviction to put this eating plan on the "pray for help" list. =) And Luke is very glad.  He thought the 7 items of clothes was a great idea, but thought the food limitations were just sad. ;)


6 comments:

smw said...

I commend you for the three days. I am the same way about not doing things that I don't have a heart level conviction about. If the going' gets tough, I stop. (I have enough examples to fill a book.) :)

smw said...

oops. misread. you said 3 hours. that sounds about exactly like the last thing i tried and decided it wasn't worth it. :)

L, Ann and boys said...

Heeehee thanks for the comment. You really were quite encouraging today and when I said I was going to try it too. ;)

Ann

smw said...

Aww. I'm glad.

emilykate said...

I don't blame you. When one has to deny oneself vegetables, the point of it all fades fast. But I have some different thoughts on this whole "7" thing that probably wouldn't be overly popular.

L, Ann and boys said...

Emily-yes...the veggies being off limits kind of seemed extreme. Wanting to eat a mango was getting to me as well. ;) But having guests over and acting weird about food was the biggest annoyance in my opinion. Not that they care what I eat and don't, but come on...not eating what everyone else is seemed like an inverted ego trip. =)