Friday, April 6, 2012

Five Friday

write for five minutes on the following prompt with no editing...

promt: light

time: 3:45p

Again...I feel little inspiration for this prompt because it's been used in so many analogies I feel like my thought process will fall into someone else's train of thought because the track is so deep already.  Hmmm.  I was very inspired one day when I learned in art class that our eyes could not see color without the reflection of light.  I mean...we kind of know that intuitively when we take a walk outside in moonlight and can see shades of grey but very little color.  If you take that idea and consider that God himself will be our light in the new earth-heaven-it's a pretty astounding thought.  What do colors look like in the basking glory of that light I would sure like to know?  What does it feel like to have that light dance around on your skin?  Again...I would sure like to know.  I'm stuck.  I've been stuck for 30 seconds.  What else is there to say.  We are basically stuck in all shades of grey and we sort of know it...but I think instead of reaching out for what will really pull us back to a state of restitution and...color...we blame God for the grey.

Time: 3:50p


No comments: