Friday, March 2, 2012

Five Friday


write for five minutes with no editing on the following:

prompt: ache

time: 4:00p

I'm going to go shallow and say my shoulders ache.  They do.  I've got my two nephews here and combined with my little boys-it's a lot of little boy running around.  Willem is sure he's going to be caught in the stampede and wanted to be held all morning.  Hence the aching shoulders.  At this point in time, I will keep the post shallow by saying mom's need to care for themselves so that they can care for others.  When it comes to aching muscles, the best weapon is heat.  So take a really hot shower, hot bath with epson salt added, fill a cloth bag or new tube sock with rice and microwave it, get hot rocks for massage or whatever else you can find for the job and take care of yourself.  This is not a new idea...but hopefully a reminder that it's okay and not selfish to find ways to manage the tension that seeps into being a mom, dad...or just life.

That's all I've got for you today.  Drink some herbal tea with that hot rice bag on your neck for 10 minutes...you'll feel better honest.

time: 4:05p

Ann

3 comments:

Renae Ashton said...

It is nice to be reminded that I am not the only one who gets aches from holding my son or leaning over a crib...Thanks for sharing the tips and suggestions :)

Jen@ADropintheBucket said...

good suggestions. and a good reminder that we need to take care of ourselves!

thegypsymama said...

Oh man yes, a friend offered a back rub last week and then we got caught up in talking and i FORGOT to take her up on it and it was tragic. Tragic I say :) Because every mama knows, there's nothing like the wonder of having someone else rub tired and achey shoulders.

~Lisa-Jo