Thursday, March 29, 2012

7 things...

Inspired recently by Amy...I've been considering what 7 things I would choose to eat for a month to experience first hand simplicity in every day life (the things we Americans have to do to learn something-goodness).  I'm teetering on the verge of trying it solo at our house next month since I don't think my kids would think it was such a fun lesson.  Don't worry, I won't be blogging about my meals three times a day or anything. =)

1) My favorite dark chocolate (because this isn't a diet and it's quite possible I would parish without)
2) Chocolate yogurt (yes, more chocolate)
3) eggs (to be traded half way through the month with bread-thanks for the list Amy)
4) lettuce/spinach (will mix it up with different varieties and use olive oil and vinegar to dress)
5) avocado (alternated with almonds at 1/2)
6) apples
7) Chocolate banana shake with protein/supplement powder (after workout standby isn't going anywhere)

hmmm...it doesn't look like much but I guess there are no limits on quantity.

Updated on the 30th-officially decided to do this April 1st.  Amy left an official list for me that boosted my moral.  I really like food...I really like to eat what I want when I want.  This is going to be very interesting.  I do commit to not finishing this if I get really crabby with my darlings-but hey...I've still got my chocolate.

What would you choose...?

9 comments:

smw said...

of all the things they were narrowing down, this sounds the worst!!! i am not sure i could actually choose 7. i may be back and tell you what i'd choose. ("i'd" indicating the hypothetical-ness of my response) :)

L, Ann and boys said...

thought I would start with the worst and go from there. Totally agree with you. =)

L, Ann and boys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jon y Amy said...

Ha! Good thinking. Here is the list the author uses (although it can totally be switched up and doesn't even have to stay seven)but you were actually very similar...
-Avocado
-Chicken breast
-Sweet Potato
-Spinach
-wheat bread
-apple
-eggs

And she uses salt, pepper and olive oil and that's it. I don't know, I asked Jon if he thought that pizza or maybe smoothies could count as one? My kiddos won't be doing this one with me as I don't want them to waste away!

smw said...

have you been anxiously wondering all night if i'd list my 7? :)

i'd really like to allow vinegar in addition to the salt, pepper and oil. :)
then my 7 would be:
plain yogurt
blueberries
spinach
granola
rice
chicken
tomatos

L, Ann and boys said...

I actually was ;) I'm really glad someone else is trying this so I don't feel like a crazy. =)

Ann

smw said...

you should never feel like a crazy, but honesty compels me to say that i was just having fun trying to narrow it down in my head. i'm not actually doing the 7. but i gather there are lots of others thinking they'll give it a shot, so you're not alone!!

L, Ann and boys said...

Awww...thanks for the list then. It was fun to read. I pictured yogurt with granola and blueberries. =) mmmmm

Carole said...

Nice post. For a bit of light relief you might enjoy this cartoon about the food pyramid. http://caroleschatter.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/food-pyramid.html