Monday, January 2, 2012

Lullaby

Finally posting a slideshow of our vacation pictures.  The music is a song written for my dad shortly after his pancreatic cancer was diagnosed and before knowing it was a neural endocrine tumor that put him at low risk for further cancer growth.  Still rejoicing over the amazing gift of his recovery. =)
Lyrics:

I woke up in a meadow
With a pure light all around
and the air was sighing to the ground
and then my chin lifted
to a pure and holy sound
perfect chords were healing up and down

Chorus:
fly little one, fly home
fly little one, back where you belong
fly little one, back into my arms
and we'll dance the night away underneath the stars

A mountain in the distance was bigger than the world
first I walked than ran to meet my Lord
a step into the back yard, a wade in the stream
dizzy feeling twirling on the swing.

Chorus

A pulsing throbbing movement
to a place, to a throne
and I'll never feel quite so alone
and then my whole self drifted
in the way I knew so well
into life I plunged, I fell

Chorus

3 comments:

The 3 Squirrels said...

Beautiful Ann... Love the song!

Sarah said...

This is beautiful!

I would love if you posted the lyrics! :)

Sarah said...

THANK YOU!

Again, beautiful...