Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Rain boots...

So...if you know a lot about rubber boots, you may think these are pretty neato...if you don't like utilitarian looking foot ware you my be wondering why anyone would, by choice, wear these. =)  I'm not trying to look like I'm still in college, really, I just noticed how convenient the boys Christmas boots were for the mud this season brings and kept thinking how nice it would be to have a pair of waterproof somethings to trudge around in. Well, here they are.  They have a riding boot cut which is trim, but this comes with some added difficulty getting them off.  I have to sit down and really tug while wiggling my toes to remove them.  I don't like it when rubber boots are flopping all over the place though, so I'll deal.  I like the fact that these are not super shiny and have no pattern-it may make them all the more utilitarian, but it's more me than bright colors or stripes...


7 comments:

kinze said...

hi ... i'm coming from jeff and abby's blog and i wanted to let you know i pop over and read your blog here and there ... you have a darling family and i love your style ... and i REALLY love those boots!!!!

L, An and boys said...

awww-hey thanks. They are a cheaper version of Hunter boots...I just couldn't bring myself to consider spending over $100 on rubber boots not matter how sleek they looked and then I found these. hooray. =) Much cheaper and I like the little horse on the side to boot...he he...I couldn't resist.

Ann

Erika said...

where did you find them? I love them too!

L, An and boys said...

http://www.amazon.com/Kamik-Womens-Jennifer-Rain-Black/dp/B0041FI6OC/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1326856946&sr=8-7

kind of a sloppy link but I think you can see the search thread in there too if you want to google the brand. They are the "Kamik Jennifer boot". There is a Kamik "Olivia" boot that is similar in the $30 range. These were a bit taller looking and have the crest on the sides-I just had to have that horse crest for $15 more. ;)

I'm normally a size 7 or 7.5 and went with a 7 since they didn't have half sizes. As I mentioned, they are pretty snug. I think the 8 would have been on the big side but needed if I wanted heavy socks.

L, An and boys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L, An and boys said...

Oh and mine are grey, the link I posted says black...

Daveana said...

I love the horse emblem on the side! LOVE THEM!