Thursday, January 5, 2012

Never thought I would 3...



My day started out normal...changed diapers, fed the babies...but then
My day got really girly.  The boys practiced archery in the back yard and I hit the MAC counter to see what I could learn from someone who spends more time with makeup than I normally do (a new years resolution "never thought I would" moment).  The only thing I really liked enough to buy was the lip gloss, which is pretty much the same color as my skin. =)  The foundation was the right color but as Luke put it so perfectly "looks good from 10 feet away."  Adrian also summed up the look with his two cents "mom, you look wicked" when I walked in the door.  After asking him why he softened it a bit and said "not wicked, just really different." =)  Must have been the red hues in the eye shadow.  I normally can't go wrong with Adrian's very in tune opinions.

Some critiques after having this done.  Why do they always leave such a matte finish on clients?  I told the girl I wanted my skin to look "real" when finished.  It might be nice for pictures because it keeps shine at bay, and covers flaws well, but matte looks pretty chalky in real life.  also, the girl didn't blend the foundation past my jaw bone...my neck looks a slight lighter shade...not ideal I'm afraid.  Other than that, we laughed the whole time and it was a lot of fun.  I told her I was there to learn and she made me do every step on the right side of my face which was cool...and took longer. =) 

 Noah "holding" water.  He said it was the only time I would see him holding solid water-must not have gone over those three states yet...

 I don't know what that is...asperin maybe...
the molecule set is another thrift store find =)

9 comments:

smw said...

i've always thought it would be fun to go and have someone who knew what they were doing do my make up. except for the 10 feet away thing. i just can't get over how my skin always looks so gross whenever someone who deals with make up give me stuff to use.

so i guess i'll keep going to for the 'earthy' look. :)

J Gutwein said...

Haha.. tell the boys that Aunt Jenny will be playing with those models this semester too :).. As for Mac I visited this week for my bronzer and the way too cute girl with her granola and starbucks for breakfast made me re-evaluate my desire to be a cosmetologist again.. if only dad would let me ;)!!

L, An and boys said...

SMW-I think you do the earthy look perfectly. No one can argue with a genuinely healthy glow. =) Apparently it's what my boys prefer anyway if that counts for anything. =)

An

L, An and boys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miranda said...

I had my make-up done at one of those counters years ago. It didn't turn out so well either. In fact, as we walked away, my sister bluntly informed me I should go wash some of it off! :)

Sarah said...

The wicked comment cracked me up...I'd say you're a bit outnumbered in that household of yours! :)

Dmasy said...

Well, first I need to say that you are beautiful all the time. As for that matte look -- gets worse as you get older. The makeup actually increases the wrinkle factor! Good choice on the gloss. It's just fun to be the center of attention. You take every experience straight to the mom place. Love you...

Dmasy said...

Note to JENNY (since you are reading here, too).

I am following your blog, but can not leave a comment. So, I will just sneak an hello in here. It was wonderful seeing you for Christmas. Sorry we missed Luke. Luca is so tall and Avo has such a sweet face. You were beautiful and funny. I miss you and think of you more than you could possibly know.

J Gutwein said...

Ahh. Thanks A. Mary Ann and thanks to An for being our little meeting place :).