Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ick...

New & improved...cough...I'm so disturbed I must comment on the state of my favorite baby lotion.  First off, this stuff at $8 isn't cheap and if you like the smell, is more like perfume for baby than lotion...so imagine my horror at cracking open a new bottle and smelling a horrendous chemically smell and bitter after notes (which is weird, because this stuff was natural before that was the cool thing to do like eight years ago).  They were ahead of the curve, they started with chap stick and then went big.  Too big I guess because they've totally lost sight of what made their products amazing.  The beeswax smell is unique and distinct...they should have stuck with it.  I was so bugged by this that I called the number on the back of the bottle to tell them what a travesty this new ingredient list is...I don't normally do that.  It wasn't so I would get my money back-I already returned it and got their normal smelling milk and honey lotion, I just wanted them to know.  Since it's Saturday and I didn't get through, I just had to vent on the blog.

While I was still lamenting the loss of a sentimental baby memory wrapped up in a fragrance...these verses came to mind.  Honestly, being honest with ourselves is one of the hardest things we'll ever have to do...when people meet us and find out we serve the living God, do they smell a genuine fragrance of that or...something else...our "new improved" version.

I don't mean to take these verses out of context, they are beautiful:


Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.


For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. 2 Cor 2:14&15

2 comments:

Alesa said...

That stuff's terrible, isn't it? Bugs me too :)

Dmasy said...

They changed one of their lips moisturizes, too. A favorite of mine until I bought the new version. It had a strong scent and a disgusting flavor. I am frugal, but after two applications, I tossed it.