Monday, January 16, 2012

Back from AZ

Well...it's not illegal for the top to be down with a tot in tow...So I'm posting the rental-please pardon my daydreaming song at the end. ;)

We flew out to AZ with Willem for three days on business.  A nice break...though the plane rides are always a trial of mental strength with an infant.  Everything is going well, you've read through all the board books, eaten all the snacks and played pat-a-cake four times...look out the window and realize your still on the runway waiting for your turn to be de-iced...really
video
The cactus clan...I went hiking and brushed my leg against one of these things and it left a welt like a bee sting...who knew.
In honor of my grandfather who loved oysters on the half shell at Christmas.  I took down half a dozen of these ocean wonders right off the shell down the hatch.  I think I'm going to put that on the never thought I would list.  They were good with green onion, garlic and tomato.
Willem disturbing the peace at the pool
love those chairs in the water, wish we could have stayed longer
Good to be home

8 comments:

Natalie said...

For your sakes I hope you were a long way from Phoenix...otherwise you may have a cousin gunning for you for not at least getting coffee...

L, An and boys said...

Oh I know...Luke and I talked about it Natalie. We were in Tucson and with only being around three days and I didn't have a car during the day while Luke was at conference, it just didn't seem workable to go anywhere...it was a bummer not seeing you. Hope you guys are well. =)

An

L, An and boys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Natalie said...

Ok you're off the hook THIS time! But it better not happen again... : )

Dmasy said...

Who had the other guys while you were gone? Great pictures. Miss you.

Amber said...

I can totally relate about flying with toddlers! One time Tim and I flew by ourselves, and I had forgotten how easy flying CAN be . . . without kids. We try to think of ourselves as the free, sideshow entertainment at the airport when we have our kids in tow! :)

L, An and boys said...

The boys stayed with Luke's parents. =)

Ann

emilykate said...

Well, doesn't that look great. I think I'd choose a trip to AZ over many other places...