Monday, December 5, 2011

Extremes...

I feel very warm sitting in a coffee shop, a mellow Christmas song playing in the background; I feel warmer than I probably am though because I just came in out of a cold rain and 37 degree night.  It takes cold to feel heat.  My dad will have surgery in the morning to remove a mass from his pancreas.  I think many of you reading may have already heard and are praying for him, thank you.  I have felt a warmth and safety through this past week because of how my dad has handled everything thus far.  I'm sure he's thought all the normal things and felt all the dark emotions that come with cancer, but he has shown me what the love of a father really is.  The only time I've seen him show fear is when he thinks of his responsibility to others.  He wants to be here for mom, for his church, for his family, for Mia who has only had a dad for a year, for his colleagues.  For that, I thank him.  On Sunday the verse "Jesus wept" was read and I have a new layer over that verse now.  God wants to be here for us.  He wants to come through.  It's like dad knowing he could be here, could care for us and continue to love us how we need to be-it may be impossible-we may be separated-such a desperate feeling.

Daddy, I know you'll give it everything you've got tomorrow and in the months to follow.  Thank you for showing me the loving father part of God that weeps at being separated from his children.

Please pray that dad will continue to feel a spirit of encouragement
Please pray that he will glorify God
Please pray that we as his family have wisdom to support him as he has need in the right way
Please pray for the power of healing for however many years God wills dad  

16 comments:

Daish said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rebekah said...

An, i can't stop thinking about your family...i have and will continue to pray.

i've always appreciated the relationship you have with your dad...what a gift.

Mindy said...

Praying An! Please keep us updated on him.

emilykate said...

Definitely praying for your family!

Jenny Bertsch said...

Keeping your family in my prayers. Trusting that God can use this difficult situation for His glory.

Amber said...

will be praying for all of you An!

smw said...

definitely been praying and will continue to do so.

Dmasy said...

When I-can't-believe-this meets I believe all things are possible. Will see you soon We are praying.

Shana said...

My hubby & I prayed for you this moring and are going to continue to pray for your family!!!

bri said...

You are all definitely in our thoughts and prayers. May you each feel His arms around you, lifting you up.
p.s. Thanks for the super cute christmas pic!

Sandra said...

Praying and will continue to do so!!! God is in control at ALL times!

Kelli's Blog said...

We have and will continue to pray for your family during this difficult time. The kids and I prayed at 7:30 this morning for a truly successful surgery!

Christen Leigh said...

You have all been so much in my thoughts and prayers and will continue to be! Love you!

Daish said...

An, you all are constantly on my mind. We are praying!
I love your dad.
(I had to delete my first post, because it had way too many errors...)

Jessica said...

This is the first I've heard. The Gramm's will be praying! We love you!

Aubrey said...

Heard about this a few days ago and have kept you guys in our prayers! I'm just now getting a chance to read your blog but am loving your perspective on the situation. Praying!!