Monday, December 12, 2011

Daddy

Sigh.....

I just keep taking really deep breaths and I didn't even know I haven't been breathing deeply for a week.  Our lives were arrested...and now so swiftly set free.  My emotions are having a hard time keeping up.

Several days ago, before dad's lab work came back, I was driving home by myself and had a melt down.  I felt very called to pray for mercy, to call on God, to say please in complete faith...but instead of being humble...I felt frustrated.  "Why do I need to ask God...why...you already know and have a plan-where does my little prayer fit into all that?"  I would like to say the thoughts were gentle and pleading...but all my stress seemed to funnel and pinpoint on this one thought-my spirit was not right.

And then,  a picture of one of my children came to my mind...a glass of water poised above his head.... "say please..." I said with eye brows a little raised...

Then I really melted down.  I still don't know how it all works on the timeline, I don't know how God uses prayers from yesterday to make cancer slow down weeks ago-But His hand is on all and He says that our prayers matter.

And now I think our family feels like the men who come back from war in one piece...

If you would say two more prayers for our family:

First a prayer of thanks that God hears every prayer-no matter what he wills, He hears them

And second that our family would be able to accept the good news of dad's remission with joy, humility and purpose

5 comments:

smw said...

i have been thanking God on your family's behalf.

Sara Huber said...

Me too. :) Sweet analogy, thanks for sharing.

Mindy said...

Love this - SO thankful for your family!

Dmasy said...

I wake up thinking of the miracle. My thoughts get confused by the swiftness of prayer response. How many others are praying for their miracle with equal passion? I want all of them to get a miracle for Christmas. I am so thankful to God that your dad will be with us for a long time!

Daish said...

I still get chills thinking about what has happened. So thankful with you guys!