Saturday, November 5, 2011

Guess that artist game...

I watched the BBC version of Emma the other day and was wistful of the scene in which Emma and her friend are painting away on a beautiful day in front of her lovely estate.  I wanted to paint too. So Christian and I had a little outing to Michael's.  The boys watched the sketching stage for "art" class.

Now for the game

which impressionist artist is this pastel inspired from?  Anyone who comments with the correct name will be entered into a drawing for a gift card to target or Starbucks.  One hint I will give you is that he was French.  I'll leave commenting open for a week or so before doing the drawing. =)  Have fun and I hope you enjoy the beauty of culture amid everyday life...estate or not.

***Updated guessing rules: list one other ballerina work you fancy of the artist or one random fact about the artist with the guess.  This should make the game slightly more challenging. ;)


9 comments:

smw said...

degas.
looks so fun!

J and A said...

I'd have to go with Edgar Degas. Though I must admit I cheated a little bit by way of google, because he was not one of the ones we studied in 6th grade art! But it was fun to flip through all his other ballet artwork on the internet.

So if cheating cancels me out, I'm ok with that :)

L, An and boys said...

for anyone else worried about googling to find the artist...that's what I hope you all do. I wanted it to be an excuse to look at some classical art. So google on with gusto, especially since the guessing has begun and you could just type in someone else's guess if you didn't know off hand. Enjoy the game. =)

Daveana said...

Edgar Degas!

I love your interpretation of the ballerina! :)

Ashton said...

Degas.

I love him. A couple of long-time favorites are "Blue Dancers" and "The Dance Foyer at the Opera on the Rue Le Peletier." He also has a lot of beautiful sketches ("Jockies" is fun...I did that one for our Broad Ripple house).

Nice work! Sounds like you had fun.:)

J Gutwein said...

I really want the giftcard :).. and it appears that Degas is the answer!

J Gutwein said...

Oh, Luca just walked by and said Beautiful princess..

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is White Collar....that should get me in the drawing. ;)

CJS

L, An and boys said...

Ummmm...Mr CJS...that might end the drawing and you get the prize because I told Luke before even starting the project...I wanted a reminder of last year and all of our White Collar zone out times on the couch with coffee when he was off shift. And just think, you were the start of all this good memory making. =)

We'll continue the drawing...but I think I'll just send you a gift card too for not only guessing the artist but the heart of inspiration too. =)

An