Friday, September 30, 2011

5 Friday



Prompt: On Friends

3:22p

Sometimes I wonder if I isolate myself from friends I could be more connected with.  It's not that I don't love my girlfriends, I do, it's just that it seems like the days keep slipping by and I'm not the one that schedules the girls night out.  Maybe I should.  But then I think how fast my kids are growing, how I hate to have something on my schedule every night and how often I would miss Luke home in the evening if I always planned things and I'm peaceful about being a semi-hermit.  I think that having a lot of sisters has been a buffer to feeling alone as well.  It's a fun blessing of a big family.  I don't know how many times I've asked one of my sisters if they're still there on the phone because we're just doing normal things without talking...but feel better with a sister on the line.  I wonder if things will change and I'll get together with girl friends more later on in my life...one thing I know for sure, I will not put age limits on my friendships and I will not surround myself with people just like myself...that will not help me grow to be a better person.  That should be something a friend can bring you, a real life changing word of advice or criticism all wrapped up in genuine care.  Maybe that's why I'm close to my sisters too, they are the ones that call me out...

oh dear...I'm so running over

3:28p


3 comments:

Joy said...

Wow, what an amazing picture!!

heidi said...

couldn't have been said better...

Jill Merkle said...

I feel the same way, An. I don't mind being a semi-hermit - taking care of my kids an household. I can pick back up with one of my sisters anytime, even if it's been months since we've talked.