Tuesday, August 9, 2011

whole...

Write for five minutes on the following prompt.  Absolutely no editing while you write or after.  I've edited spelling though...=)  I skipped out on the last few Fridays and really miss the chance to write.  It's really good to just let your mind wonder with words.  If you want to share your writing, you can link it to this blog and other participants.  Here we go...


Whole…


I want to be whole.  I don't usually think of it in that term though..."whole".  I think I usually seek comfort instead in an attempt to feel the wholeness.  I don't think I always seek the right comfort either.  What would it be like to know that when I crave something...it may be because my soul needs wholeness.  It needs it's creators energy seeping through.  I mostly just fill in the gaps with busy things.  Things like making popcorn or maybe cleaning a closet for a good feeling.  It's such a scratch on the surface.  I'm not even close to a whole solution to my loneliness in my heart.  Sometimes I think I even crave a small problem so I have a distraction, something to work on, something to feel like I can fix it, make it right... be better... almost whole.  I think the enemy of my soul doesn't care what I do-as long as I don't discover that I'll never be able to make myself truly whole just by trying.  As long as I wander from one comfort, one event, the next challenge...and just keep wandering.  Jesus knows that the wandering may lead us far enough away from the light that we feel a chill and wonder what on earth we are doing and sit down and cry like a child lost in a supermarket with no idea where to go.  Then it's simple.  You hear a familiar voice...your daddy calling from around the corner.  It's the only thing in the world that your ears strain for.  It is better than any comfort or distraction in the entire world.  No toy on the wall, no sugary treat along the way even comes into focus as the child tears around the corner toward that voice...just hoping it will call again and be a little louder the next time.  The crave for those big arms.  For the car ride home.  For the day with the one you love.  It is wholeness.  Nothing else will do.

I'm went over a minute... 

Andria

2 comments:

Lee Ann said...

hello. I came here from the Gypsy Mama. That is one cute boy in the header! We do crave to be whole, don't we?

teresa said...

thanks! i appreciate what you wrote toda. =)

my word verification is "padefust" - i'm thankful Jesus paid first (for we would be without hope)