Monday, August 8, 2011

anniversary gift

L Christian and I have been married 9 years.  I put my evolving photography skills to a little test and tried to make him a gift with a self portrait.  My one rule going into the project was: I couldn't photoshop any features because I'm often tempted to do so; I wanted it to be real (which always takes longer to capture; real raw emotion and human imperfection with the edge of grace to it is what I really love in pictures).  I am propelled forward in life by verses like the one in proverbs that says "she laughs at the days to come" because if your heart is really sold out to Jesus-you can square off your shoulders, look at the future full in the face with all the joy and sorrow it may hold and still laugh with a sparkle in your eye knowing the best is yet to come.  L has been an amazing husband the past 9 years, but he is not responsible for filling my heart with joy-and he never will be.  We enjoy the fullness of life in our creator together. That's what is written in Hebrew.

6 comments:

J Gutwein said...

Very nice!

Alesa said...

love it :)

Julie B. said...

Beautiful :)

Betsy said...

beautiful...still remember that day 9 years ago. Congrats you guys.

Kenj said...

Oh, It's been that long already!? I was cleaning out and was going through some old photo albums. Found a picture of you 2 on your wedding day...you looked so young :)BTW, your self portrait pic is so pretty. Love you, An! ~Kristen

L, An and boys said...

Hey Kristen. I love it when you comment. Makes me think of Mexico 10 years ago now. ;)