Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Latest thrift...

Living in a subdivision makes dumpster diving so simple. ;)  Just take a stroll before trash day and WALA...a youth bed for Jude.  Now, some folks may have marked the find and returned later with a truck or something...but why wait when you can just drape it all over a double stroller and walk really slow?  I didn't knock Jude out loading it or anything, eating that apple in hand must have wore him out.

The bed needs spruced up.  Should I paint it pale yellow (I've got extra paint already) sand the rough spots and leave it the dark stain color so it's distressed...but not chewed on as it currently is, or paint it cream attempting a vintage painting on the headboard?  all votes are welcome.  I'll put a poll on the side to make it more simple to leave your choice.

8 comments:

Daveana said...

Hilarious! Great find though! Love the fact that little Jude is sleeping and his bed is hanging off the back of the stroller! :)

megs @ whadusay said...

Love it!!!

standish said...

great find !!!

Gerry said...

I love this pic! That bed is so cute! It makes me want to go "dumpster shopping"!!!! :) I vote for the cream with a vintage headboard.....just because I'm curious to see what you come up with!

Eric & Marissa Bahler said...

Love the dumpster diving.. and the bold "no-shame, I'm taking your trash" mindset :) I love this blog vintagejunky.blogspot.com so thought I'd share it with you! I usually check out the blogs she has linked too... lots of fun decor inspiration. Hope you enjoy :) I'm a big fan of the pale yellow idea.

Sandra said...

I think a yellow would look nice, however Id make it more of a yellow gold, not a pastel yellow.
More manly of a yellow:). Just my thoughts.

aklopfen said...

Oh yes...dumpster diving....one of my favorite things to do....especially when you find something like this! I think the yellow would be fun depending on how the rest of the room is decorated. Good luck! I want to see it when it's done!

Bryce and Erin said...

Only you, An! :)