Friday, July 9, 2010

She served me well...

My poor car. =(  I was off to get a new book from the library and had grand plans to stop by a coffee shop to indulge in the first chapter.  It started to rain lightly, the guy in front of me slammed on his brakes, which I might have seen, but I was looking at a store instead of the road for just a second.  A second too long I'm afraid, I hit the brakes but I don't think I slowed down at all, I jerked the wheel right and hopped the cement curb completely, blew my right tire and still caught the back of a Butler basket ball player's truck.  I mean, if you are going to crash your car on mommy time out, you may as well keep it interesting.  I knew I was fine when the moment my car stopped moving on the elevated grass along the road, my first thought was "great, I guess I won't be able to get my book."  On the way home Adrian starts to rambled "mom, you really wasted a lot of time tonight." I mean, that guy was going to go do something and you wasted his time...daddy was watching a scuba diving movie with us and now it's too late, all our time is gone...The police man"-I finally cut in here and told him I knew how much time had been wasted but thanked him for informing me anyway in rather curt tones.  He sighed that the car needed fixed and that would take time before letting the issue drop.  So much for him being worried about me.
And a random picture for you.  I walked into the kitchen and Adrian had taped these leaves to the counter.  On closer inspection, I found that he had put two of those gross bug shells that are so common this time of year on them.  Seriously?
ps-L took me to get my book in spite of it all.  It is very possible that this small act of kindness will be remembered when I am 80 if I live that long. ;)  THE OLD MAN AND THE SEA by Hemingway was a good classic read. =)

2 comments:

Joel & Amber said...

What a bummer! Just thankful you are ok :)
That is a good read. I'm glad you put down what book you got, otherwise I would've really been wondering...
As for your car... it wasn't totaled was it? At least Luke is on shifts (right??) so that you can still borrow his car sometimes to run your errands!

Daveana said...

Poor An! Uber sweet of him to take you to the library regardless!