Wednesday, September 30, 2009

ummm...did someone borrow the truck...?


Borrow no...take yes.  While we slept like babies someone simply took off with our second vehicle parked in the driveway.  We've called family and it's not a prank...it's gone.  The only other thought was that Jude had escaped his crib tent and decided to take a spin...but alas this isn't the case either.  I think the would be thefters would have been better off leaving the medical texts and stethoscope on the driveway...you know for the next time they need a doctor and swing by the ER to see Luke.  They'll want him to take good care of them and be up on his reading of course.  I shouldn't assume that our truck theif would abuse healthcare by not paying or applying for the basically free Wishard advantage care plan insurance available...but I think we've established that they don't have any problem taking advantage of people.

Wooooooooow...so there's all the steam blown off.

The boys keep yelling out our storm door "run, it's the robbers, they're back again, get your gun" and are running around with sticks as weapons...Luke and I did not encourage this...it is basic male behavior I assume-we don't even have a television for goodness sake.

The cope said that there was one other car stolen last night in our subdivision but that theft is not all that common in our area.  I guess I can feel some comfort in that...and the fact that they didn't come in our house or anywhere near our babies.

Feeling better after two hot chocolates and a fire in the fireplace =)

An


10 comments:

Kelli said...

Oh Ann! What a horrible feeling to know that someone has violated your privacy and taken an obviously much needed item of yours. I hope that they find the thief and that your vehicle can be returned to you in good condition. Turning in an insurance claim is never fun...

Minders said...

Oh Ann, that stinks! Like you said though, at least the theif didn't come in your home. I hope they find the culprit or find your truck. Keep us posted!

Clint said...

What on earth. I always thought Luke kept the mtneer too clean. It was spotless. I've wanted to steal it.

But seriously. Wait till I get a hold of this punk. Actually, it sounds like I should bring him to Noah and Adrian for justice :o).

The Contour is available through Sunday. It's parked in our Garage.

Clint

Kaitlin said...

ANDRIA!!!!!!!
That is the worst thing I've ever heard...do you at least have insurance on it? I would be fuming, steaming, raging mad.

I feel for you guys.

Kaitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kaitlin said...

...Riffraff!

Luke Ann and boys said...

HA! riffraff...Kait, that just made everything better girlfriend. =)

An

Luke Ann and boys said...

Clint,

Luke's got a free rental for 30 days from our insurance until we figure out what we're doing. Thanks so much for the offer though. =)

An

Anonymous said...

Uncle Denny says that he supply all the guns and ammo that the boys would need to keep you safe at night. -- Aunt Mary Ann

emilykate said...

Ahh! That's so frustrating! And a creepy feeling of invasion...but yes, thank God they didn't come near the things that matter. :)