Thursday, September 3, 2009

too cool pre-school...

Our new reading comprehension skills activity for Noah is making cookies. Easy enough right? Oh no it's not. It's complicated for me and the kids because I don't get to gather the ingredients or look at the cook book. =D Noah reads and directs, Adrian eats everything before he should and I try to remember the recipe in my head so we don't mess it up too badly . It's been pretty exciting. The sticky notes are pictured because I think they are genius. I think my mom got them...I really don't know how they ended up in our house actually. Anyway, the boys think they are fun and when they seem to have mastered a sight word we say in a yo-yo back street voice that they "own that word" and take it off the wall. ;) The rest of the pictures are from the pre-school we do once a week. five mom's from church have pooled together for a pre-school co-op that has been super great. =) I may be enjoying it to extreme levels since my turn to teach/host hasn't come around just yet...next week. ;) The hardest part is getting all four little bodies in the car with decent clothes on before 8:15am. So far so good though. =) An

5 comments:

Jessica said...

This pre-school co-op thing sounds AMAZING!!! I wanna join you guys!

Natalie said...

I would like more details on the co-op as far as organization goes. I am hoping we can get something similar going in South Bend someday.

Luke & Andria said...

well...we all got together over coffee and cookies hashed out all our expectations in one evening. We have a mentor here in Indy who is great (Ginny Z) if we need anything or have questions. Two moms watch younger children, two mom's teach (one assists) and one mom floats where ever she's most needed at the moment. We have a schedule for who hosts and teaches and one mom a month comes up with a field trip activity for the group. The lesson plans are simple for the wide age range of 2-4...like senses, or manners. There is something to do on the table when the kids arrive to get them seated (blocks, play dough) and then we start the lesson...sing a song or two...say a memory verse...maybe read a book and then they play time for an hour or so until 11 (we start at 9). We have a snack but not lunch so younger kiddos can sleep at home for naps. That's about it. It's been amazing so far and did I mention FREE. =)

An

Clint said...

An, I too think the preschool co-op is an awesome idea! How fantastic for you guys! Love you tons, Alesa

Daveana said...

Cute pictures. I pray that your turn goes well for you! Enjoy your blog tons!