Saturday, May 9, 2009

Speaking of dessert...

So date nights are a bit more tricky to pull off right now with an 8 weeker...but Luke and I still need date nights let me tell you. Our new solution, apart from conning our loving families into watching the kiddos, is to put the kids to bed and turn our kitchen into some kind of crazy cooking show. =o) It's been super fun the 3 times we've pulled it off. It's not cheaper than eating out though we've discovered...who knew that sea bass was $20/lb? We made my beloved tiramisu the other night; the first picture is the case of the missing lady finger. Yes you're correct, if you guessed Adrian sampled it without asking. Hey...I thought the kids were supposed to be in bed! =o) Ann

8 comments:

Minders said...

What a great idea! The food looks amazing! I think you should put your recipes up on your blog so we can try them!

Daveana said...

Cute, cute, cute :)

Sara Huber said...

Hi Ann! We have done this several times too when babysitters are hard to come by. Sitting on our deck at 9pm with candles and without kids is just about as great as really being out. I'll make sure I stay away from any sea bass recipes...wow!

I wanted to say too I really liked what you wrote about only doing what fits your life at this stage and not feeling guilty about the rest...great reminders for all of us.

Luke & Andria said...

We ended up getting yellow fin tuna =o) We like to try new stuff...but I think we'll wait until the bass goes on sale...or maybe go fishing hee hee =o)

Ann

Kevin & Laura said...

oh man-- you are making me hungry! I've noticed some good food pics on your blog-- have you ever thought about doing food styling/ photography (in all your spare time :0 )

Luke & Andria said...

Hey Laura =o) I've actually done a photo shoot of food once with Alesa for a sales brochure and must admit, it's pretty fun to photograph something that doesn't move. =o) I think I like to capture emotion though...and food is a little lacking in that department...about as lacking as my spare time as you mentioned. =o) Thanks for the words of affirmation =o)

Ann

Minders said...

Hi! Me again... :)

So you and Aubrey both do these at home date nights so I decided to do it the other night and we LOVED it! Michael said we should do it once every week or two!

I really would like the recipes you used for your date night because they look fabulous! I made fish for our date too and it was really yummy but I would like another good recipe! And the mushrooms....oh we LOVE mushrooms! Could you e-mail me the recipes?! Oh, except the dessert, for some reason I love coffee but not tiramisu. :(

Luke & Andria said...

Mindy- yay =o) I'll post or e-mail them asap, I've got to get our Italian cook book out. =o)

Ann