Wednesday, May 6, 2009

No punishment here...

Our culture is a motivated one. Being a women who can accomplish a full time job, several kids and still fit in a vigorous exercise routine would be applauded by most. I am not that women. I do what I love and what seems to make me more of who God made me to be...but that's about it. A full time job, not right now...maybe another time. Kids, Oh yes, I'm doing the family thing right now and I love it. Six mile runs...ummmmm I wouldn't enjoy that. But I'll tell you what I do like. Eating dessert with my sister and the rare chance to go shopping. So that's what Ash and I did this month and I hope to get the detailed recipe for that dessert she made. If I can hit the pavement three times a week for any duration and Ash does the same, we plan a little something something to celebrate. It's all about the celebrating. =o) I find a part of myself when I lace up my running shoes and get out of the house for a half hour of good quiet time and heart healthy cardio jogging. I actually went through endorphin withdrawal when I couldn't run while carrying baby Christian. I don't think God ever wanted us to punish ourselves with exercise. Enjoy what's around you today and be healthy knowing God loves you.

4 comments:

Alesa said...

I agree...it's all about celebrating! :)

emilykate said...

thanks for your thoughts...very refreshing!

Matt and Andrea said...

i'm with you an....couldn't agree more. thanks for sharing

C-LSchafer said...

Hey Ann,

Sounds like a great idea to mix the two together... makes for great motivation! Thank for your post... I'll let you know how your results turn out amidst the many non posting blog readers:-) As for the baby blanket I WOULD LOVE IT if you made one for us. I'll pick out some fabric while the schafers are here and send it back up with them. I'll let you know if there are anymore things that I'd love to have hand made... there are many... I'll just have to sort through them so you won't have a whole summer worth of work:-) LOVE YA!

laura