Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bloggy book club - "Jesus among other gods" by Ravi

I've been wanting to read this book since it came out in 2000...but I just haven't taken the plunge. Anyone else interested? I thought if we could get a few readers working though it at the same time it would keep us motivated. I'm comfortable even putting this book on my blog because it's not really picking apart church issues or controversial topics but focuses on how all the major religions of the world are distinct or not all saying the same thing (a common world view). This is not light reading as a forewarning, definitely a one chapter at a time read. I will not be in any way leading discussion on this book but would to do a little post once a week for the next three on how much I've gotten through so I keep moving. =o) If anyone wants to join the discussion we'll do it through comments. I'll need to remove a comment that stirs up controversial topics (which seem to come up when discussing anything religion centered) because a blog just doesn't seem like the right place to work them out. =o) So, that's it...if anyone will be reading too, feel free to comment on this post, I'll post next week about those 10 pages I got finished. =o)

5 comments:

Bry&Ash said...

I'd really like to read that book too but this isn't the best timing for me. Could you wait until after graduation?:)

That's a very cool idea though. Enjoy!

Ash

Luke & Andria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

I'd also be interested in reading it. Craig has the book and loves Ravi's books and talks but I've never read any. One thing about nursing I love is, I have time to read!

Rachel said...

I'd also be interested in reading it. Craig has the book and loves Ravi's books and talks but I've never read any. One thing about nursing I love is, I have time to read!

Luke & Andria said...

Hey Rachel, that's great. =0) I've just read the intro and first chapter becuase I just got the book in the mail Tue. If you want to be reading it too, I'll post an update at some point and we can comment back and forth on that. =O) It's a really good read so far.

Ann