Tuesday, August 12, 2008

You just can't make this stuff up...

So last night Luke put Jude to bed and we hit the hay early when he got home from reading at around 10:00p. We fully anticipated a restful, rejuvenating night of sleep. How do you think the story ends...? =o) 12:00a Jude woke us with cries that were a bit more urgent and irritable than normal, so I went downstairs to get my equipment for solving the possible problem...Tylenol, bottle (tisk tisk...I know, he should be using a sippy), and diaper. By the time I got back upstairs, Luke was in Jude's room and had the crib pulled away from the wall. What on earth...we had to turn on the light to figure out how Jude's leg was wedged in between the crib slats with his foot stuck through the next one the other way. Luke had to pull the slats apart with brute force before I could get his leg to even slightly budge (this is a normal, though rather old, Jenny Lind crib with standard widths between slats mind you...) I started to change his diaper, since I had one with me, without wipes thinking it was just wet...but oh no, he had a dirty diaper to top it off. 1:45a So Luke and I were drifting back into slumber and Adrian comes barreling down the hall through our door (he does everything kind of loud and over energetically). he wanted a drink and must have woke from deep sleep from the whole Jude incident. 4:00a Noah sneaks up to our bed and asks if he can sleep on the little couch in our room because he has had a bad dream. 4:15a quietly informs me that our breathing is loud. I turned on the fan and gave him due warning about going back to his bed if he uttered another word. 6:00a Luke asks me were his clothes are since Noah moved them to sleep on the couch. 7:00a Noah says something to me about the guinea pigs that I do not listen to. 7:30a alarm sounds and I turn it off without moving an inch. 8:10a get that instinctive feeling everyone knows that you must get up or will surly parish...or be late for an appointment at least. We were out the door in 20 minutes and we sure looked it. =o)
I have high hopes for better sleep tonight...we'll see.
Ann

8 comments:

Clint said...

That is out of control! And you're right, you can't make this stuff up :)

love, alesa

L & J Gutwein said...

Oh My Goodness. That makes me feel a little better about the craziness in my life right now (MOPS & starting work again) :). Thanks, Love, J

Minders said...

Oh brother! Nights like that are so horrible! Hopefully you can get some rest this afternoon or at least go to bed early tonight!

Jeff and Abby said...

Aughh....the joys. Too funny. Wishing you better nights ahead!

Jean said...

Wow - what a night! And I thought Jonas waking up at 12, 2, and 4 last night was bad! It's like the stars aligned for all your boys in the same night to need their mom and dad. Here's hoping this means they will leave you alone for a nap or the next night!

Jean said...

And...yes, we must arrange some sort of get together. I have classes starting next week, but I always have Thursdays off for some fun with you and the boys! (jmbuckel@gmail.com)
I hope you are surviving the intern year so far! Chris is on ICU month and it stinks big time. :( The upside is it is almost done.

Jean said...

Oh..(last comment - promise!)...HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

Luke & Andria said...

hey thanks Jean, I'll e-mail you about a playdate and lunch. =o) Thanks for the Happy Bithday...so sweet. I'm glad Chris is almost done with ICU! =o)

Luke was on call last night and all the boys slept in until almost 8. =o) Yeayeeee.

Ann