Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Nappies, windmills and cool Todd...


I had to post a picture of these windmills we saw on the way out to IL to see Joel and Jess. I think they are THE COOLEST. I would have three in my yard if they weren't 200 feet tall and didn't cost a fortune (there are 240 of them on this particular farm...so cool). Kaaaaaaitlin...you can come get this headband the next time you come babysit for us...
Jude's new duds from etsy (these are made by a mom from a reclaimed sweater)...it's a "wool soaker" and as the name suggests...it's wool and I use it for Jude at night since he has a tendency to "soak" his Fuzzi Bunz diaper. =o) He has no chance against these little sweater pants though. =o) Jude is wearing my old set of Fuzzi Bunz now full time since he grew into them. I think I mentioned that the elastic after 4 years was shot...well guess what I've been doing to 11 little diapers? Taking a seam ripper to them and sewing in new elastic. As if I didn't have other things to do right? I posted a picture of the dead elastic diaper and then one that is "fixed". I couldn't help documenting it...my fingers are sore from all the sewing by hand; I know why seamstresses use thimbles now and don't plan on doing this a second time...if I can help it. =o) Lastly, the very cool Todd. He's a classmate of Luke's and he helped tear out the icky carpet today. he's removing several floor staples from his shoe before leaving...thanks Todd, we needed the help since I'm....well holding Jude and sewing elastic into his diapers! =o) Hopefully we'll have some fun before and after house pictures coming soon.




6 comments:

Bry&Ash said...

I really like those sweater pants! They should make them for adults.:) Oh and why does Kaitlin get the headband? I'm pretty sure I do more babysitting and should therefore win the cool headband.:)

Love you and am excited to see the house this weekend!
-Ash

Luke & Andria said...

True true...Kait just commented on wanting one before you did. There may be one for you too on the 9th when you watch them... =o) I can't make it before then because I still have three diapers to fix. Color suggestions or just white...?

Bry&Ash said...

ooh, really? I was joking but hey, if you have time in between working on the house and fixing diapers then I'd love one of your little crocheted delights.:) (Any cool color will do)

If you get this before 3:30 pray for my last final...I'm supposed to be studying right now but have pretty much given up.:)

livelaughlove22 said...

I thought those windmills looked familiar! They are cool aren't they? I wish I could have some too, but only because they pay you big bucks to put them on your property. Guess what? I'm typing without backspacing. Hooray for Bernie!
Jess

Kevin & Laura said...

Ann,
The sweater pants are great!! I just sold some old sweaters on a garage sale- bummer. By the way-- my kids are obsessed with the windmill farm on Rt 9. When we go visit my parents they watch, count, and ask questions the whole time we are passing them! I need to study up on them-- maybe you could do a liitle educational post for me!

Luke & Andria said...

Oh Laura...go on...I'm sure I don't know anymore about them than you do. I'm curious now though and will probably study up. I do know that they stay the same speed all the time no matter how low the wind speed gets to maximize the energy intake...it takes more to get it going if it stops than to use generator energy to keep it moving. The excess is stored and used. The higher up the turban is, the better wind it gets and there are certain areas in the state that get more wind than others. So they put 'em there. I love them because once the mill is built, it's free energy. You don't have to burn fuel of any knid. SOOOOOO cool. They sell little ones for homes but the price to put them in is a little bit of a set back. =0) That's all I've got. =o) thet look like a creepy movie sometimes don't you think...the way the move so slow and steady?