Monday, March 31, 2008

Shared devotional...

I'm working through Experiencing God by Henry & Richard Blackaby. I wanted to post a blurb from today's devotional passage because I think it's an especially encouraging one. I hope you enjoy and I'll try to keep it short. =o)

Then He came the third time and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? It is enough!"... Mark 14:14

"The angels had comforted the Savior on that lonely night as He prepared for the cross, not the disciples...Like the disciples, you receive unique opportunities to serve your Lord. There are times when Jesus will ask you to join Him as He is at work in the life of you friend, family, or coworker. If you are preoccupied with your own needs, you will miss the blessing of sharing in His divine activity... God does not need your obedience; He has legions of angels prepared to do His bidding when we fail Him. The loss is ours as we miss what God wants to do in our lives."

Also, a picture of what happens when Luke fishes out a shirt from the dryer for Noah to wear, and leaves before seeing it's a size 6-12 months. Noah didn't seem to mind when he put it on. =o)

4 comments:

Amber said...

Ryan and I did that Bible Study and I loved it!

sorry about the house! . ..I don't know if this will help at all but I feel like one thing I learned from our first time around was being willing to look more and (for me) not to be so anxious about trying to secure one right away once we find the first one we halfway liked. It's worth it waiting to get the truly "right" home!! Keep us updated - how fun!

Annette Bahler said...

ahhhh... and you liked the house,sorry.

-good to talk to you today
mom

Kevin & Laura said...

Ann, I am working through Experiencing God as well-- good stuff we'll have to talk. Noah's shirt is adorable-- Adrian's was one of my favorites!:) Love you!

Luke & Andria said...

They wear Brecken's shirts...well everyday since I only have a few others. =o) They think they are way cooler since they were his first. =o)